Program Manager Senior
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Purpose of JobWe are currently seeking a dedicated Program
Manager Senior for the San Antonio, Phoenix, Tampa, Colorado
Springs, Plano, Charlotte, or Chesapeake office. This is a Hybrid
position, so the selected hire will need to commute into a local
office a few days a week.
USAA values a culture that is highly collaborative, and we have
found that a hybrid work type helps employees gain the best of both
worlds - collaborating in-person in the office and working from
home when needed to achieve focused results. The actual days onsite
are resolved between each employee and the employee's manager.
The Program Manager Senior focuses on the management, execution,
and delivery of large-scale programs (multi-year, large cost, and
scope, etc.) and/or the oversight and governance of programs to
ensure alignment to the Company/Staff Agencies strategic
imperatives and to monitor program health. Works to achieve
multi-year program deadlines, scope, and overall program
benefits.Job RequirementsAbout USAAUSAA knows what it means to
serve. We facilitate the financial security of millions of U.S.
military members and their families. This singular mission requires
a dedication to innovative thinking at every level.Primary
- Identifies and manages existing and emerging risks that stem
from business activities and the job role.
- Ensures risks associated with business activities are
effectively identified, measured, monitored, and controlled.
- Follows written risk and compliance policies, standards, and
procedures for business activities.
- Defines and maintains program strategies commensurate with the
level of risk, size and complexity.
- Directs analyses, root cause identification and development and
recommendation of key work products.
- Applies proficient knowledge of the business, its products, and
processes to assess program risks and rewards across multiple
technologies and business goals.
- Negotiates agreements, settles disputes equitably and diffuses
- Negotiates program tradeoffs with IT and the business as the
program develops to ensure alignment of demand to capacity.
- Responsible for developing multi-year business plans to deliver
business capabilities and define execution approach to achieve
business goal while reducing risk and delivering early business
- Facilitates meetings with executive management project sponsors
to define solutions.
- Ensures compliance with company and regulatory policies and
- Adheres to EPMO processes, procedures, controls, standards,
tools, and templates (as required).
- Adheres to governance rigor required for work effort.
- Drives the adoption and sustainment of changes within the
organization in compliance with USAA's Change Management
- Bachelor's degree: OR 4 years of related experience (in
addition to the minimum years of experience required) may be
substituted in lieu of degree.
- 6 years of project and/or program management experience,
including experience defining a new program and/or managing
- Proficient experience in Principles of Project/Program or
- Proficient knowledge program efforts management tools and
- Understanding of risk management policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of program management methodology and techniques;
program performance evaluation and change management
- Experience developing, maintaining, and reporting on
- Solid business acumen and/or demonstrated learning agility to
quickly increase business knowledge.Preferred Experience:
- Knowledge of project management tools and methodologies.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Advanced facilitation and presentation skills.
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and
multitasking skills.Compensation: USAA has an effective process for
assessing market data and establishing ranges to ensure we remain
competitive. You are paid within the salary range based on your
experience and market position. The salary range for this position
is: $88,200.00 - $158,900.00 *(this does not include geographic
differential it may be applied based on your work location). -
Employees may be eligible for pay incentives based on overall
corporate and individual performance or at the discretion of the
USAA Board of Directors.*Geographical Differential: Geographic pay
differential is additional pay provided to eligible employees
working in locations where market pay levels are above the national
average. -Shift Premium: will be addressed on an individual basis
for applicable roles that are consistently scheduled for non-core
hours. - -Benefits: -At USAA our employees enjoy best-in-class
benefits to support their physical, financial, and emotional
wellness. - These benefits include comprehensive medical, dental
and vision plans, 401(k), pension, life insurance, parental
benefits, adoption assistance, paid time off program with paid
holidays plus 16 paid volunteer hours, and various wellness
programs. - Additionally, our career path planning and continuing
education assists employees with their professional goals.Please
click on the link below for more details.Relocation assistance is
not available for this position. -
Keywords: USAA, San Antonio , Program Manager Senior, Executive , Adkins, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!