Program/Project Management Senior
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Purpose of JobAbout USAAUSAA knows what it means to serve. We
facilitate the financial security of millions of U.S. military
members and their families. This singular mission requires a
dedication to innovative thinking at every level.We are seeking an
experienced Program/Project Management Senior for either our San
Antonio, TX, Plano, TX, Phoenix, AZ, Tampa, FL, Colorado Springs,
CO or Charlotte, NC facility. This is a hybrid role with an
expectation to be in the in one of the major office locations,
two-three days per week.Occasional travel will be required to USAA
facility for training and/or meetings.Facilitates and drives the
planning, execution, and delivery of incentive compensation
scorecard goals and results intended to accomplish business goals
and objectives within prescribed timeframes and/or budgets.
Demonstrates an advanced understanding of how activities contribute
to the achievement of strategic business goals and operational
objectives. Collaborates with key partners, vendors, and
project/program teams to identify mutually beneficial outcomes for
competing priorities and negotiate timelines to ensure objectives
are met.For related project experience to be considered outside of
a Program/Project Management title, please upload a project list of
all program/project management experience. The project list should
include: project summary, role, and project timeframe (including
percentage of time dedicated to the project, i.e. Jan 2020-present,
50% of time). Failure to provide this documentation may result in
disqualification.Job RequirementsPrimary Responsibilities:
- Identifies and handles existing and emerging risks that stem
from business activities and the job role.
- Ensures risks associated with business activities are
effectively identified, measured, monitored, and controlled.
- Follows written risk and compliance policies, standards, and
procedures for business activities.
- Drives implementation of low to moderately complex work
efforts, working closely with cross-functional teams and resources
to achieve multiple program and project landmarks within
- Plans, directs, and coordinates activities for moderately
complex work efforts through the development work efforts plans
intended to accomplish goals and objectives within prescribed
timeframes, scope, and budgets.
- Ensures consistent visibility for teams by monitoring and
reporting business objectives, work efforts achievements, and key
- Communicates with stakeholders and provides insight on issues
through root cause analyses.
- Facilitates collaboration on creative alternatives to work
efforts challenges with subject matter experts.
- Removes obstacles and impediments to ensure business and
operational objectives are met.
- Develops and tracks project budgets that may include necessary
capital expenditures, operational expenses, and labor funding
- Identifies and applies standard methodologies and needed
process improvements; drives adoption and challenges
- Ensures compliance with company and regulatory policies and
- Supervises project execution to deliver incremental business
- Participates in the creation of the master work efforts plan
from the underlying plans (if applicable).
- Assists in defining the control and the overall delivery of the
work efforts to meet the goals, objectives, and success
- Establishes overall cadence for communication with impacted
partners and provides framework for underlying work efforts(s)
- Participates in work effort closure activities to determine
benefit / business impact realization.
- Manages risk by using the best risk management practices to
address execution challenges associated with quality, schedule, and
cost, in adherence with risk management framework.
- Adheres to EPMO processes, procedures, controls, standards,
tools, and templates (as required).
- Drives the adoption and sustainment of changes within the
organization in compliance with USAA's Change Management
framework.When you apply for this position, you will be required to
answer some initial questions. This will take approximately 5
minutes. Once you begin the questions you will not be able to
finish them at a later time and you will not be able to change your
- Bachelor's degree required, OR 4 additional years of related
experience beyond the minimum required in lieu of degree.Minimum
- 6 years of relevant experience in project or program
management, including planning, tracking and delivery.
- Comprehensive knowledge and demonstrated application of project
management tools and methodologies.
- Teamwork skills in a matrixed environment including providing
consultative guidance to help solve enterprise level issues.
- Possess an understanding of scope definition, process, and
solution mapping; process structures and components; and standard
project planning methodologies.
- Experience supporting projects with complex deliverables
including information technology and dependencies across
- In-depth understanding of risk management policies and
- Experience working in a C-Suite chief of staff function
- Experience leading enterprise-wide projects with multiple
stakeholders within a large financial institution and/or insurance
- PPM (Program Project Management) CertificationThe above
description reflects the details considered necessary to describe
the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a
detailed description of all the work requirements that may be
performed in the job.Compensation:USAA has an effective process for
assessing market data and establishing ranges to ensure we remain
competitive. You are paid within the salary range based on your
experience and market position. The salary range for this position
is: $97,000-$175,000.Employees may be eligible for pay incentives
based on overall corporate and individual performance or at the
discretion of the USAA Board of Directors.*Geographical
Differential: Geographic pay differential is additional pay
provided to eligible employees working in locations where market
pay levels are above the national average.Shift premium will be
addressed on an individual basis for applicable roles that are
consistently scheduled for non-core hours.Benefits:At USAA our
employees enjoy best-in-class benefits to support their physical,
financial, and emotional wellness. These benefits include
comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, 401(k), pension,
life insurance, parental benefits, adoption assistance, paid time
off program with paid holidays plus 16 paid volunteer hours, and
various wellness programs. Additionally, our career path planning
and continuing education assists employees with their professional
goals.Please click on the link below for more details.USAA Total
RewardsRelocation assistance is not available for this
Keywords: USAA, San Antonio , Program/Project Management Senior, Executive , Atascosa, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!