Transformation Engagement Director (Agile)
Location: Saint Hedwig
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Purpose of JobWe are looking for an Agile Transformation
Engagement Director for the EPMO (Enterprise Portfolio Management
Office). This is an Individual Contributor position and you will
not have direct reports, although you will be leading
initiative.Establishes and maintains strong relationships by
designing and leading internal engagements for transformation,
facilitating a guiding coalition of leaders, determining success
criteria, and working with leaders and a team of internal and 3p
coaches to achieve the transformation. Coaches, Establishes and
maintains strong relationships by designing and leading internal
engagements for transformation, facilitating a guiding coalition of
leaders, determining success criteria, and working with leaders and
a team of internal and 3p coaches to achieve the transformation.
Coaches, trains and mentors in agile for Scrum Masters, Agile
Product Owners, Teams, Leaders and Executives to leverage agile
principles, practices and frameworks in order to deliver high value
business capabilities. Serves as a subject matter expert on scaling
agile development for the team. Coaches agile portfolios and may
also coach programs/organizations and/or teams as needed to achieve
business strategies. Serves as a subject matter expert on scaling
agile development, including the use of scaling frameworks such as
Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe), LeSS, DAD or others.Job
RequirementsAbout USAAUSAA knows what it means to serve. We
facilitate the financial security of millions of U.S. military
members and their families. This singular mission requires a
dedication to innovative thinking at every level.We embrace a
robust veteran workforce and encourage veterans and veteran spouses
- Identifies and manages existing and emerging risks that stem
from business activities and the job role.
- Ensures risks associated with business activities are
effectively identified, measured, monitored, and controlled.
- Follows written risk and compliance policies, standards, and
procedures for business activities.
- Consults with senior leaders, EMG, and managers on
transformational change, business agility and development
operations trends within the industry as well as how internal
initiatives can enable their organizations.
- Provides coaching and hands-on support in complex situations to
senior leaders and initiative leads such as problem-solving
workshops, value identification workshops, prioritization and
sequencing of outcomes, and lean portfolio management.
- Enables senior leaders and EMG to apply systems thinking and
other lean/agile concepts, strengthen collaboration and
partnerships within the organization, and demonstrate how leaders
help enable business agility.
- Mentors and guides CoSA leaders and Senior Experience Owners to
improve product management practices.
- Works closely with Strategy, Change, Culture and key initiative
leaders to align and connect messaging to enable agility and
delivery of value to members, employees and USAA.
- Facilitates stakeholders in creative problem solving via design
thinking and other collaborative problem-solving processes.Minimum
- Bachelor's degree; OR 4 years of related experience (in
addition to the minimum years of experience required) may be
substituted in lieu of degree.Minimum Experience:
- 8 years of experience performing as an Agile Coach in multiple
Agile transformations including:
- 4 years of consulting experience including engagement
management and transformation.
- 6 years of experience as an Agile Coach or working in a similar
role in a lean or scrum environment and 2 years of experience with
Lean Portfolio Management.
- 2 years of experience leading teams.
- Expert knowledge of multiple delivery frameworks.
- Expert understanding of Lean-Agile methods and practices.
- Demonstrated ability to influence change at the C level and
- Demonstrated ability form productive relationships quickly and
create spheres of influence.Preferred:
- 5+ years experience in a large mid-size or large financial
- 3+ years consulting experience with large management, agile
consultancy, or internal transformation role
- Prior experience as the leader of large-scale agile
- Proficiency with multiple types of agile and/or change
management / transformation frameworks such as: SAFe, Waterfall,
Kanban, Lean Management, Six Sigma, Prosci, Design Thinking,
- Experience leading large change management / transformation
initiatives with significant cultural and organizational impact
centered around operational efficiency and business agility.
- Experience developing, facilitating, and curating training
programs for enterprise-wide transformation initiatives.
Proficiency with both with technical and business acumen
Compensation:USAA has an effective process for assessing market
data and establishing ranges to ensure we remain competitive. You
are paid within the salary range based on your experience and
market position. The salary range for this position is: $117,600 -
$211,700 *(this does not include geographical differential, it may
be applied based on your work location)Employees may be eligible
for pay incentives based on overall corporate and individual
performance or at the discretion of the USAA Board of
Directors.*Geographical Differential: Geographic pay differential
is additional pay provided to eligible employees working in
locations where market pay levels are above the national average.
Shift premium will be addressed on an individual-basis for
applicable roles that are consistently scheduled for non-core
hours. Benefits:At USAA our employees enjoy best-in-class benefits
to support their physical, financial, and emotional wellness. These
benefits include comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans,
401(k), pension, life insurance, parental benefits, adoption
assistance, paid time off program with paid holidays plus 16 paid
volunteer hours, and various wellness programs. Additionally, our
career path planning and continuing education assists employees
with their professional goals.Please click on the link below for
more details. USAA Total RewardsRelocation assistance is not
available for this position.
Keywords: USAA, San Antonio , Transformation Engagement Director (Agile), Executive , Saint Hedwig, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!