Program Manager Lead
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Purpose of JobWe are currently seeking a dedicated Program
Manager Lead for the San Antonio, Phoenix, Tampa, Colorado Springs,
Plano, Charlotte, or Chesapeake office. This is a Hybrid position,
so the selected hire will need to commute into a local office a few
days a week. USAA values a culture that is highly collaborative,
and we have found that a hybrid work type helps employees gain the
best of both worlds - collaborating in-person in the office and
working from home when needed to achieve focused results. The
actual days onsite are resolved between each employee and the
employee's manager.The Program Manager Lead owns the management,
execution, and delivery of large-scale programs (multi-year, large
cost, and scope, etc.) and/or the oversight and governance of
programs to ensure alignment to the Company/Staff Agencies
strategic imperatives and to supervise program health. Works to
achieve multi-year program deadlines, scope, and overall program
benefits. Defines multiple program strategies based on business
demand and return on investment expectations.Job RequirementsAbout
USAAUSAA knows what it means to serve. We facilitate the financial
security of millions of U.S. military members and their families.
This singular mission requires a dedication to innovative thinking
at every level.Primary Responsibilities:
- Identifies and leads existing and emerging risks that stem from
business activities and the job role.
- Ensures risks associated with business activities are optimally
identified, measured, supervised, and controlled.
- Follows written risk and compliance policies, standards, and
procedures for business activities.
- Identifies potential new program opportunities to deliver
coordinated solutions that meet multiple business partner
- Defines and maintains multiple program strategies based on
business demand and return on investment expectations.
- Works closely with project sponsor and cross-functional teams,
to plan and develop scope, deliverables, required resources, work
plan, budget, and timing for new programs.
- Directs analyses, root cause identification and development and
recommendation of key work products.
- Applies experienced knowledge of the business, its products,
and processes to assess program risks and rewards across multiple
technologies and business goals.
- Negotiates agreements, settles disputes equitably and diffuses
high tension situations.
- Negotiates program tradeoffs with IT and the business to ensure
alignment of demand to capacity.
- Responsible for developing multi-year business plan to deliver
business capabilities and define execution approach to achieve
business goal while reducing risk and delivering early business
value wherever possible.
- Mentors Program Managers in developing business strategies,
identifying benefits and defining alternatives across departmental
programs and across USAA programs.
- Ensures compliance with company and regulatory policies and
- Adheres to EPMO processes, procedures, controls, standards,
tools, and templates (as required).
- Adheres to governance difficulty required for work effort.
- Drives the adoption and sustainment of changes within the
organization in compliance with USAA's Organizational Change
- Bachelor's degree: OR 4 years of related experience (in
addition to the minimum years of experience required) may be
substituted in lieu of degree.
- 8 years of project and/or program management experience,
including experience defining a new program and/or managing
- Expert level of experience in Principles of Project/Program or
- Experience in program management and execution experience
delivering complex work efforts working with Waterfall and Agile
- Stakeholder management and influencing skills.
- Advance understanding of risk management policies and
- Comprehensive knowledge of program management methodology and
techniques; program performance evaluation and change management
- Extensive experience developing, maintaining, and reporting on
large cost project/program budgets.
- Strong business acumen and/or demonstrated learning agility to
quickly increase business expertise.Preferred Experience:
- Expert knowledge of project management tools and
- Experience on project and program management and execution
experience delivering complex work efforts working with recognized
program and/or project methodologies (i.e., Waterfall and
- Collaboration skills in a matrixed environment including
providing consultative guidance to help solve enterprise level
- Experience leading complex projects with significant number of
deliverables including information technology and dependencies
across organization, working within defined scope and budgets with
- Foundational understanding of risk management policies and
- Project Management Professional (PMP)
Certification.Compensation: USAA has an effective process for
assessing market data and establishing ranges to ensure we remain
competitive. You are paid within the salary range based on your
experience and market position. The salary range for this position
is: $106,800.00 - $192,300.00 *(this does not include geographic
differential it may be applied based on your work location).
Employees may be eligible for pay incentives based on overall
corporate and individual performance or at the discretion of the
USAA Board of Directors.*Geographical Differential: Geographic pay
differential is additional pay provided to eligible employees
working in locations where market pay levels are above the national
average. Shift Premium: will be addressed on an individual basis
for applicable roles that are consistently scheduled for non-core
hours. Benefits: At USAA our employees enjoy best-in-class benefits
to support their physical, financial, and emotional wellness. These
benefits include comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans,
401(k), pension, life insurance, parental benefits, adoption
assistance, paid time off program with paid holidays plus 16 paid
volunteer hours, and various wellness programs. Additionally, our
career path planning and continuing education assists employees
with their professional goals.Please click on the link below for
more details.USAA Total RewardsRelocation assistance is not
available for this position.
Keywords: USAA, San Antonio , Program Manager Lead, Executive , Castroville, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!