Director, Program Manager - Bank Complaints Governance
Location: San Antonio
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Purpose of JobUSAA is looking for an experienced, energetic, and
highly motivated Director to serve as the Program Manager for the
Bank Complaints Governance Team. The Director will be responsible
for the execution of an efficient and effective Complaints
Governance Program including the development and integration of
multiple business programs and associated projects to achieve
strategic business goals and operational objectives.
This is a Hybrid position in one of the following locations: San
Antonio, TX; Charlotte, NC; or, Phoenix, AZ.
Leads and handles resources for efficient and effective program
management. Responsible for development and integration of multiple
business programs and associated projects to achieve strategic
business goals and operational objectives. Responsible for
departmental program oversight to include assigning individual
program manager responsibilities and identifying and resolving
appropriate business plan and integration issues.Job
RequirementsAbout USAAUSAA knows what it means to serve. We
facilitate the financial security of millions of U.S. military
members and their families. This singular mission requires a
dedication to innovative thinking at every level.Primary
- Identifies and handles existing and emerging risks that stem
from business activities and the job role.
- Ensures risks associated with business activities are
effectively identified, measured, monitored, and controlled.
- Follows written risk and compliance policies, standards, and
procedures for business activities.
- Responsible for communicating with program executive, senior
and functional area management across USAA to plan and run the
departmental program and ensure the effectiveness of the program
- Responsible for running the overall program road map and
priorities, budget and benefits
- Mentors Program Managers in developing business strategies,
identifying benefits and defining alternatives across departmental
programs and across USAA programs.
- Leads multi-million-dollar complex, strategic programs/
- Leads organization wide efforts to include facilitation,
process, program and organizational improvements.
- Keeps abreast of industry trends and standard methodologies and
provides coaching and training to program managers.
- Leads a highly matrixed environment and builds and maintains
relationships with senior level executives. Builds and supervises a
team of employees for assigned functional area through ongoing
execution of recruiting, development, retention, coaching and
support, performance management, and managerial activities.
- Ensures compliance with company and regulatory policies and
- Adheres to EPMO processes, procedures, controls, standards,
tools and templates (as required)
- Adheres to governance demand required for work effort
- Drives the adoption and sustainment of changes within the
organization in compliance with USAA's Change Management
- Bachelor's degree; OR 4 years of related experience (in
addition to the minimum years of experience required) may be
substituted in lieu of degree
- 8 years project and/or program management experience, including
experience defining a new program and/or leading large scale
- 3 years of direct team lead or management experience.
- Experience in program management and execution experience
delivering complex work efforts working with Waterfall and Agile
- Advanced understanding of risk management policies and
- Comprehensive knowledge of program management methodology and
techniques; program performance evaluation and organizational
- Extensive experience developing, maintaining and reporting on
large cost project/program budgets.
- Strong intuition for business and/or demonstrated learning
agility to quickly increase business expertise.When you apply for
this position, you will be required to answer some initial
questions. This will take approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin
the questions you will not be able to finish them at a later time
and you will not be able to change your responses.Preferred
- 5+ years recent experience in complaints program management in
a large retail bank environment
- 5+ years recent experience in executing and/or leading Risk
Control Self Assessments (RCSAs), issue management, and process
- Proven ability to influence change and collaborate with all
levels of management
- Must possess strong analytical, organizational, and
- Experience with communicating and presenting key concepts to
senior leadershipThe above description reflects the details
considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job
and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the
work requirements that may be performed in the
job.Compensation:USAA has an effective process for assessing market
data and establishing ranges to ensure we remain competitive. You
are paid within the salary range based on your experience and
market position. The salary range for this position is:
$117,600-$211,700*.Employees may be eligible for pay incentives
based on overall corporate and individual performance or at the
discretion of the USAA Board of Directors.*Geographical
Differential: Geographic pay differential is additional pay
provided to eligible employees working in locations where market
pay levels are above the national average.Shift premium will be
addressed on an individual basis for applicable roles that are
consistently scheduled for non-core hours.Benefits:At USAA our
employees enjoy best-in-class benefits to support their physical,
financial, and emotional wellness. These benefits include
comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, 401(k), pension,
life insurance, parental benefits, adoption assistance, paid time
off program with paid holidays plus 16 paid volunteer hours, and
various wellness programs. Additionally, our career path planning
and continuing education assists employees with their professional
goals.To see details on our outstanding benefits, visit:Relocation
assistance is not available for this position.
Keywords: USAA, San Antonio , Director, Program Manager - Bank Complaints Governance, Executive , San Antonio, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!