Information Management Analyst II (Remote)
Location: San Antonio
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Purpose of JobWe are seeking a talented Information Management
Analyst II (Remote Work available) As an Information Management
Analyst II , you will support enterprise data as it relates to
driving discovery, design and execution within data governance and
quality. This role is responsible for helping to define policy,
standards and procedures, development of quality rules to measure
data's quality, day-to-day operational and administrative
management of our data, and ensuring the monitoring of data metrics
and identifying requirements in support of our organizations
domains. Critical thinking, superb communication, collaboration
skills, and attention to detail are foundational to success in this
role. For either our San Antonio, TX, Plano, TX or Phoenix, AZ
facility. This person may also work remotely in a 100% Remote Work
Manages and analyzes information using a variety of techniques and
tools in alignment with USAA's Enterprise Information Standards.
This role may be responsible for one or more information management
function noted below: Metadata includes defining and documenting
data ensuring the information is understood. This may include
working with project teams or support teams to define, redefine, or
continue maintenance of the metadata. Data Quality includes
defining data quality rules ensuring data is measured and trusted.
This may include working with project teams to define data quality
requirements as well as ensuring ongoing assessments of data
quality. Information Lifecycle Management includes archiving and
purging of data to meet the needs of the business while reducing
corporate risk. Data Security and Privacy includes managing the
security of data access as well as privacy of data sharing in
compliance with external regulations and internal policies. This
may include working with other departments to ensure compliance to
GLBA, FCRA, PCI DSS, etc. Master Data and Reference Data includes
managing key corporate data to ensure the organization can manage
its operations with accurate and consistent information.Job
RequirementsAbout USAAUSAA knows what it means to serve. We
facilitate the financial security of millions of U.S. military
members and their families. This singular mission requires a
dedication to innovative thinking at every level.
- Identifies and manages existing and emerging risks that stem
from business activities and the job role.
- Ensures risks associated with business activities are
effectively identified, measured, monitored, and controlled.
- Follows written risk and compliance policies, standards, and
procedures for business activities.
- Leverages expanding data management knowledge in support of one
or many of the information management practices. This person may be
acting in a steward capacity or considered a support role with
expertise for the information steward as needed.
- Tasks include any of the items noted below:
- Supports and maintains Information Asset Inventories. - Ensures
data and assets are classified appropriately.
- Supports delivery of information in accordance with Information
Governance standards and data management practices through
documentation, collaboration, and execution of defined
- Maintains metadata repository and proper metadata association.
- Supports team members in reviewing, validating, and recording
metadata and data quality information.
- Develops and documents definitions and data quality rules that
support critical business processes.
- Documents data quality plan and implementing approved data
quality rule checks.
- Monitors data quality results, reports and dashboards, and
escalates as appropriate.
- Supports documentation and update of data quality corrective
- Creates and maintains master or reference data in accordance to
defined processes and procedures.
- Supports archiving and purging activities of data in compliance
with legal requirements by partnering with IT.
- Supports development of archiving and purging strategies and
processes in a steward capacity as needed.
- Supports Data Access security by following defined procedures
in a steward capacity.
- Supports Privacy initiatives through classification and tagging
of sensitive data.
- Supports compliance and remediation activities by ensuring
sensitive data is secured and shared in accordance to defined
policies and processes.Minimum Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree in Business or Science discipline; OR 4 years
of relevant data and analytics or technical experience (in addition
to the minimum years of experience required) may be substituted in
lieu of degree.
- 2 years of experience in an information management practice,
business application function, or data delivery; OR Advanced degree
in a Business or Science discipline.
- Working Knowledge of data management practices and awareness of
data governance theories and tools.
- Beginning SQL knowledge including SQL-based languages.
- Ability to build business knowledge through meaningful
partnerships at the individual contributor and leadership
- Demonstrated critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated presentation and communication skills.Preferred
- Experience with Data Quality and/or Information Management
- Working experience with Data Quality Tools (IBM InfoSphere,
Informatica, Talend etc.) Not required but a plus
- Strong knowledge with design, development, testing and
implementation of Data Quality, Data Validation, and reconciliation
- Experience of BI Tools or reporting experience with Tableau,
- 2+ years writing complex SQL queriesCompensation:USAA has an
effective process for assessing market data and establishing ranges
to ensure we remain competitive. You are paid within the salary
range based on your experience and market position. The salary
range for this position is: $54,800 - $98,700*(this does not
include geographic differential it may be applied based on your
work location)Employees may be eligible for pay incentives based on
overall corporate and individual performance or at the discretion
of the USAA Board of Directors. *Geographical Differential:
Geographic pay differential is additional pay provided to eligible
employees working in locations where market pay levels are above
the national average. - Shift premium: will be addressed on an
individual basis for applicable roles that are consistently
scheduled for non-core hours. - -Benefits: -At USAA our employees
enjoy best-in-class benefits to support their physical, financial,
and emotional wellness. - These benefits include comprehensive
medical, dental and vision plans, 401(k), pension, life insurance,
parental benefits, adoption assistance, paid time off program with
paid holidays plus 16 paid volunteer hours, and various wellness
programs. - Additionally, our career path planning and continuing
education assists employees with their professional goals. Please
click on the link below for more details.Relocation assistance is
not available for this position.
Keywords: USAA, San Antonio , Information Management Analyst II (Remote), Executive , San Antonio, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!