Senior Executive Director
Location: San Antonio
Posted on: September 24, 2022
It's a great feeling to work for a company that does so much
good for others around the world!
Academic Requirements: Master's degree or equivalent degree in
administration, business, psychology, criminal justice, sociology
or related field of study OR Bachelor's degree or equivalent degree
in administration, business psychology, sociology or other relevant
behavioral science AND at least five (5) years of experience
--- Administrator or Director of Operations of a large
--- At least five (5) years of progressive project management on a
human services project(s) demonstrating advanced levels of growth
Work experience: Required - 10+ years of executive management and
supervisory experience and/or training in addition to above;
Preferred - Four (4) plus years of experience providing financial
oversight and management to multi-million-dollar programs/projects
and/or training in addition to above. Non-profit background a
Critical Action Items & Measurable Deliverables:
1. Responsible for overall growth, performance, personnel, and
operations, to include Executive Director's work achievements,
fiduciary responsibilities, and deliverables.
2. Lead a team of executives in the development and annual
evaluation of the organization's long and short-term strategies for
growth to include expansion out of state and across multiple
3. Utilize relationships, prior experiences with federal, state,
and local foundations to evaluate new program opportunities,
including analyzing potential markets, assessing unmet needs,
service gaps, and identifying competitors.
4. Develop, communicate, execute, and successfully evaluate a plan
for growth that is specific, measurable, achievable, relevant
(cutting edge) and time based for expanding current services and
enhancing existing ones.
5. Develop strategies to improve employee productivity or
satisfaction, including implementing employee training programs,
incentives to motivate personnel or improving workplace
6. Develop division-based action plan to research, track forecasted
federal grants/contracts, and prepare, plan and target funding
7. Review monthly financials, staffing trends, program data, risk
mitigation and report on activities, and recommendations to senior
level leadership and/or board of director, as indicated.
8. Maintain effective written and verbal communication with a
dedicated Board of Directors (as applicable), program staff,
community partners, key stakeholders, and federal/state entities in
accordance with federal regulations and performance standards.
9. Conduct site visits of office locations monthly to ensure
buildings, grounds and equipment are clean, in good working order
and meet the standards and values of the organization.
10. Identify innovative or non-traditional opportunities for
professional growth for senior executives and mid-level potential
executives (weekly consultation, monthly leadership and quarterly
all staff meetings).
1. Explore, identify, and promote industry best practices,
facilities optimum delivery of services and ensures the safety and
well-being of the service population and staff at multiple sites
2. Promote communication and cooperation among divisions to create
a spirit of unity in the organization.
3. Represent agency by maintaining positive relationships and
communication with the community, churches, the public, government,
state, and other federal agencies that result in a positive image
and excellent reputation of organization.
4. Serve as the representative to the board of directors,
personnel, stakeholders and public.
5. Negotiate lease agreements, and other vendor service contracts,
including governing body approvals and coordination with General
Counsel, as directed, approved, and if applicable.
6. Gain understanding and computer proficiency in the use of
division's case management database platform.
7. Recruit, interview, hire and train new executive leadership, as
1. Thorough understanding of management and financial practices in
all areas and phases of non-profit/business operations.
2. Work a flexible schedule including availability nights,
holidays, and weekends - 75% travel required.
3. Pass a pre-employment drug screen and random drug screens
4. Provide proof of work eligibility status upon request.
5. Pass a pre-employment and biennial criminal background
6. Demonstrated leadership skills through command presence and
reinforcement of agency mission, vision, and culture to drive a
passionate, engaged, and accountable workforce.
7. Strong written and oral communication skills to inspire, grow,
manage, and coach a high-performing team.
8. Demonstrate the ability to:
a. Respond sensitively and competently to the service population's
cultural and socio-economic characteristics.
b. Work collaboratively with other staff members, service providers
c. Organize and prioritize responsibilities and duties
d. Work in a fast-paced environment, minimal supervision and always
maintain emotional control and professional composure.
9. Perform other job duties to benefit the mission of the
We are committed to following immunization recommendations produced
by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control (CDC). As such, our company
policy requires that all employees must receive a COVID vaccination
and an annual Influenza vaccination or obtain an approved exemption
as a medical or religious accommodation. This is a condition of
employment and all new hires will be responsible for providing
English (United States)
If you like to work with people that believe they can make a
difference in the world, this is the company for you!
It our policy to provide equal employment opportunity and treat all
employees equally regardless of age, race, creed/religion, color,
national origin, immigration status or citizenship status, sexual
orientation, military or veteran status, sex/gender, gender
identity, gender expression, disability, genetic information or
genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status,
partnership status, victim of domestic violence, sexual or other
reproductive health decisions, or other characteristics protected
by applicable law.
Click here to view the "EEO is the law" poster
Keywords: BCFS, San Antonio , Senior Executive Director, Executive , San Antonio, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!