Senior Manager - Data and Continuous Improvement
Company: Goodwill Industries of San Antonio
Location: San Antonio
Posted on: September 24, 2022
Job Location: Commerce H - 406 W. Commerce - San Antonio, TX
Position Type: Full Time
Education Level: 4 Year Degree
Salary Range: Undisclosed
Travel Percentage: Various Goodwill locations
Job Shift: Monday - Friday 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM
Job Category: Management
Join Our TeamWork for GOOD at Goodwill
- Do you want to make a difference in your community while
earning a paycheck?
- Would you like to help your community and environment every day
that you come to work?
- Looking for a job that provides meaning as well as personal and
Goodwill San Antonio is one of the largest and most dynamic social
enterprises in San Antonio.
We are an entrepreneurial non-profit that provides employees the
opportunity to innovate, grow and discover new skills, while
generating revenue that funds both employee and community
We are a diverse and inclusive organization founded and focused on
Fighting Poverty and Creating Opportunity. We specialize in
facilitating personal and professional growth for our employees,
particularly those who may have experienced barriers to successful
employment in the past.
We strive to maximize the value of each employee's work and each
donor's donation to benefit our community and environment. Without
Goodwill in our community, millions of pounds of perfectly usable
items would be harming the environment in landfills. Instead,
Goodwill employees are fueling a robust economy by recirculating
Our Good Careers Academy and Good Careers Centers Help Change Lives
through the Power of Work as well by delivering education and
meaningful job placement.
Explore careers with Goodwill in retail, production, warehouse,
logistics, contact center customer service, career services,
technology, document imaging, grounds maintenance, janitorial and
facilities maintenance. Goodwill regularly partners with local,
state and federal government agencies to provide additional diverse
We prefer to promote from within. Your growth and advancement is
Achieve your potential at Goodwill and beyond through our personal
and professional skills development programs, supportive health and
well-being benefits, competitive base and bonus pay, savings plans,
personal financial education, store purchase discounts, paid time
off, leadership development, tuition reimbursement and more.
Change Lives. Make a Difference.
Discover Purpose. Apply today at WorkforGoodSA.org. Position
Reporting to the Director of Strategic Mission Initiatives, the
Senior Manager of Data and Continuous Improvement is responsible to
develop and implement processes and standards for monitoring of
mission delivery and systems and propose process improvement
initiatives based on those results. This position ensures that the
workforce development data systems are able to provide meaningful
insights and accountability for mission services program and
service delivery. This position oversees the compilation, analysis
and reporting of mission services data.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Continuous Improvement
- Guide program metrics and identify and problem solve data
- Develops and implements processes and standards for monitoring
of mission delivery and systems; propose process improvement
initiatives based on results
- Review dashboard and reports routinely to ensure data quality,
compliance, and standardization in data entry and
- Build effective mission services dashboards, reporting and
analysis to forecast results and advise leadership regarding course
changes and critical decisions, including identifying common holes
in data input and acquiring critical data
- Lead Workforce Development Unit's efforts to continuously
improve current operations quality standards, procedures and
2. Data Management
- Serve as liaison and project manager for goodwill technology
- Engage with the Information Technology team to maximize the
potential of ETO and CampusVue Software.
- Oversee data system design
3. Data Analysis
- Maintain unit wide reports
- Analyze program data trends
- Develop white papers
- Performs compilation, analysis and reporting of mission
4. Thought Leader
- Serve as thought leader
- Subject matter expert on community data
- Work with staff and leadership to codify objective performance
measurements across all sites, to ensure consistent expectations of
- Display servant leader management over the Data Management
- Bachelor's degree in data science, computer science, business
administration/management, operations management or related
- Minimum 5 years' experience in database management and/or
- Experience with advanced data management, managing analytic
tools, systems and resources, and data visualization.
- Excel in queries, report writing and presenting
- Experience in non-profits and human services work environments
a strong plus.
- Positive communications and leadership skills, strong attention
to detail and a results driven approach
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills. Ability to
analyze quantitative and qualitative date to identify patterns,
opportunities and gaps, and integrate across disparate data
- Expert skill level with Microsoft Office-Word, Excel and
- Experience with SQL, ETO, Tableau, CampusVue a plus.
- Must be able to meet the physical requirements of the
- For positions that require driving, must maintain a valid
driver's license and automobile insurance coverage, and be able to
travel as needed if you drive your vehicle during company
To learn more about Goodwill San Antonio and to view available
positions visit: .
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
Keywords: Goodwill Industries of San Antonio, San Antonio , Senior Manager - Data and Continuous Improvement, Executive , San Antonio, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!