Director, Business Development (Pharma)
Location: San Antonio
Posted on: September 24, 2022
About MMSMMS is an innovative, data-focused CRO that supports
the pharmaceutical, biotech, and medical device industries with a
proven, scientific approach to complex trial data and regulatory
submission challenges. With a global footprint across four
continents, MMS maintains a 97 percent customer satisfaction
rating.Our mission is to deliver high-quality service and
technology solutions rooted in strong science and decades of
regulatory experience that will assist our clients in developing
and marketing life-changing therapies to positively improve lives
worldwide.MMS recognizes that a talented staff is what drives our
business forward. Identifying and attracting top talent and
continual training to strengthen core skills are essential to its
core mission. At MMS, enthusiasm, collaboration, and teamwork are
fostered, knowing that a global and diverse talent pool makes the
company stronger.Job OverviewOur team is growing join us! We are
currently looking to strengthen our Business Development team
through the recruitment of an Associate Director or Director to
support our business development activities. As a member of a
global team, you will secure and grow new business for MMS through
professional, consultative, and proactive sales activities directed
at decision-makers and decision influencers at existing and new
customers.This position is primarily remote, non-office based, with
the expectation to travel up to 50%.Essential Functions
- Territory management: actively prospect and leverage potential
new business opportunities within specified customer accounts.
- Establish and execute a comprehensive sales plan for each
target account within your territory. Ensure appropriate
strategy/solution is proposed to the customer.
- Identify and respond to customer needs to secure potential new
business opportunities. Propose an appropriate strategy/solution to
the customer and align MMSs key differentiators and service
offerings with the customers needs.
- Actively lead all aspects of the sales lifecycle for all
assigned accounts, from defining potential opportunities to
capabilities meetings, proposals, and bid defense meetings.
Lifecycle steps include follow-up related to the sale and drive
completion of contractual documents.
- Lead capabilities meetings and bid presentations comprising all
aspects of MMS services and solutions. Educate the team
participants in customer culture, operational needs/methods and
sales techniques needed to close the sale.
- Cultivate strong, long-term relationships with key
decision-makers within accounts and develop in-depth knowledge of
the customer organization.
- Maintain high visibility within the customer organization and
monitor satisfaction by communicating regularly with the
- Maintain visibility in the industry. This may include industry
conferences and an active presence on social media (LinkedIn).
- Adapt successful strategies and tactics to meet market demands
and financial targets. Monitor actions and results against
- Establish and maintain effective, collaborative relationships
with internal colleagues, including marketing, proposals/contracts
and operational business leads to support specific client
requirements and needs. -
- Maintain general knowledge of all MMS services.
- Record all customer sales-related activities in the CRM system
and prepare sales activity reports for management as
- 5+ years of related experience, including 3 years of relevant
industry experience, preferably in data services (data management
and biometrics) or a clinical research environment
- Knowledge of and experience in selling biometrics, regulatory
submissions, and regulatory operations will be a distinct
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Understands the life sciences industry (e.g., CROs,
pharma/biotech, medical device), scientific & clinical
data/terminology, and the drug development process
- Ability to work independently and as a team player
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working
relationships with coworkers and clients
- Experience using a CRM system for the management and tracking
of activities and opportunities (MS Dynamics experience a
- Excellent skills using Microsoft Office Suite: MS PowerPoint,
MS Word, and MS Excel
Keywords: MMS, San Antonio , Director, Business Development (Pharma), Executive , San Antonio, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!