Product Management Manager - Consumer Lending
Posted on: September 24, 2022
Purpose of Job We are seeking a talented Product Management
Manager for our San Antonio Home Office facility or a work from
Formulates product/sales strategy recommendations based on analysis
of profitability, competitiveness and sales performance for the
product life cycle. Compile, analyze and interpret data to make
strategic and tactical recommendations or decisions pertaining to
sales/product performance. Responsible for defining the business
questions and providing insights to improve business performance.
Supports the maintenance of existing products and/or may lead in
the development and launch of less complex, new products with
channel partners. Job Requirements About USAA USAA knows what it
means to serve. We facilitate the financial security of millions of
U.S. military members and their families. This singular mission
requires a dedication to innovative thinking at every level. Tasks
- Identifies and manages existing and emerging risks that stem
from business activities and the job role.
- Ensures risks associated with business activities are
effectively identified, measured, monitored, and controlled.
- Follows written risk and compliance policies, standards, and
procedures for business activities.
- Leverages resources to gather analytics, competitive
intelligence, and member information to support formulation of
- Participates in the development of product strategy
- Develops recommendations to launch new products or sales
strategies and the evaluation and decision to buy/build or
- Acts as product SME on features and services and collaborates
with business partners to provide recommendations.
- Partners with phone and digital teams on how to effectively use
sales guides and provides education on products and services,
including new offerings and enhancements to existing features.
- Assists in the identification and evaluation of potential
providers for alliance relationships.
- Provides support in developing, editing, and distributing
- Conducts research on external market trends/design changes,
financials, member information and/or transaction data for assigned
- Holds responsibility for coordinating with relevant control
partners (to include Legal, Compliance, and Risk Management) to
ensure product offerings are designed, implemented, and managed in
compliance with all applicable laws and regulations.
- Interprets performance results to inform product or sales
forecast and planning.Minimum Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Marketing, Supply Chain,
Statistics, or related discipline; OR 4 years of related experience
(in addition to the minimum years of experience required) may be
substituted in lieu of degree.
- 6 years of relevant industry experience in Actuary,
Underwriting, Marketing or Sales/Service or Finance/Accounting
Operations or Financial Services.
- 2 years of product management, or similar strategic management
experience (similar experience includes direct support in managing
- 1 year of Data Visualization experience (i.e. Tableau).
- Advanced experience in creating product briefings.
- Experienced in market research to create product roadmap, make
product decisions and iterate rapidly.
- Knowledge of applicable product related regulations, and risk
and compliance requirements.
- Knowledge of federal laws, rules, and regulations to include:
TILA/REG Z, REG E, REG B, UDAAP/UDAP, FCRA.Preferred Skills:
- Master's Degree.
- Consumer lending product experience (Auto, personal loans,
boat, RV, leisure vehicle).
- Large national bank experience.
- Experience in the governance process related to launching new
products and features.Compensation: USAA has an effective process
for assessing market data and establishing ranges to ensure we
remain competitive. You are paid within the salary range based on
your experience and market position. The salary range for this
position is: $97,200 - $175,000. Employees may be eligible for pay
incentives based on overall corporate and individual performance or
at the discretion of the USAA Board of Directors. Geographical
Differential : Geographic pay differential is additional pay
provided to eligible employees working in locations where market
pay levels are above the national average. Shift premium will be
addressed on an individual-basis for applicable roles that are
consistently scheduled for non-core hours. Please click on the link
below for more details. USAA Total Rewards Relocation assistance is
not available for this position.
Keywords: USAA, San Antonio , Product Management Manager - Consumer Lending, Executive , Cibolo, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!