Nurse Manager of Progressive Care at Methodist Hospital
Location: San Antonio
Posted on: November 26, 2022
Do you want to join an organization that invests in you as a(an)
Nurse Manager of Progressive Care? At Methodist Hospital, you come
first. HCA Healthcare has committed up to $300 million in programs
to support our incredible team members over the course of three
Methodist Hospital, offers a total rewards package that supports
the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The
available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services
at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and
behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and
free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and
disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental
health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital
indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection,
legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet
insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical
and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder
care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on
years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification
support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave,
long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
You contribute to our success. Every role has an impact on our
patients lives and you have the opportunity to make a difference.
We are looking for a dedicated Nurse Manager of Progressive Care
like you to be a part of our team.
Job Summary and Qualifications
Seeking a Nurse Manager of Progressive Care for Methodist Hospital
who is responsible to the Director, Vice President and/or the Chief
Nursing Officer for facilitating, coordinating and delegating the
delivery of patient care to a defined group of patients during
their entire hospitalization period. S/he is responsible 24 hours a
day for the staffing and management of patient care in each of
his/her units, for promoting the practice of professional nursing
in a specified patient care area, and for the acquisition,
development, and utilization of resources (human and material)
needed to fulfill those responsibilities. S/he works cooperatively
with administrators, physicians, staff, other managers and all
customers of the Methodist Healthcare System to provide services,
which consistently meet and exceed the expectations of their
customers. This is accomplished by assessing and prioritizing
opportunities to improve, plan and implement effective changes and
evaluate outcomes of process improvement activities. The Nurse
Manager models behavior consistent with Methodist Excellence and
actively supports the Mission and Vision of the MHS; effectively
maintains the hospitals Standards of Care and Practice.. We are an
amazing team that works hard to support each other and are seeking
a phenomenal addition like you who feels patient care is as
meaningful as we do. We want you to apply now!
What You Will Do In Your Role:
- Builds and maintains a high functioning team. Provides
leadership and direction for staffing their unit(s) in accordance
with the organizational goals and objectives. Identifies
modifications in staffing based on patient acuity and
- Manages personnel including interviewing, work allocation,
orientation and training, staff development, problem resolution,
evaluating performance, making recommendations for personnel
actions, and motivation of employees to achieve peak performance.
Is responsible for meeting unit productivity targets.
- Plans, organizes, facilitates and directs patient care
delivered on the unit on a 24 hour basis in accordance with
recognized and accepted internal (e.g. unit, department, and
hospital) and external (e.g. TJC, Medicare, OSHA)
- Develops and oversees the departmental scope of services and
- Develops and implements policies and procedures which relate to
the particular nursing specialty and integrates standards of care
into unit operations/collaborative care paths that support the
provision of services.
- Directs processes to assess, improve and maintain the quality
of patient care according to the hospital plan for quality
What qualifications you will need:
- Graduate of an accredited diploma, associates, or baccalaureate
degree nursing program.
- Three years clinical acute care RN experience.
- One year management experience.
- Current license to practice professional registered nursing in
the state of Texas.
This role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on
local, state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a medical
o... Please click to view full job description.
Keywords: Confidential, San Antonio , Nurse Manager of Progressive Care at Methodist Hospital, Executive , San Antonio, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!