Nurse Manager of Progressive Care at Methodist Hospital Texsan
Location: San Antonio
Posted on: November 27, 2022
Do you have the career opportunities as a(an) Nurse Manager of
Progressive Care you want with your current employer? We have an
exciting opportunity for you to join Methodist Hospital Texsan
which is part of the nation's leading provider of healthcare
services, HCA Healthcare.
Methodist Hospital Texsan, offers a total rewards package that
supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues.
The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services
at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and
behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and
free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and
disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental
health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital
indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection,
legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet
insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical
and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder
care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on
years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification
support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave,
long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Our teams are a committed, caring group of colleagues. Do you want
to work as a(an) Nurse Manager of Progressive Care where your
passion for creating positive patient interactions are valued? If
you are dedicated to caring for the well-being of others, this
could be your next opportunity. We want your knowledge and
Job Summary and Qualifications
Seeking a Nurse Manager of Progressive Care for Methodist Hospital
- Texsan who is responsible to the Director, Vice President and/or
the Chief Nursing Officer for facilitating, coordinating and
delegating the delivery of patient care to a defined group of
patients during their entire hospitalization period. S/he is
responsible 24 hours a day for the staffing and management of
patient care in each of his/her units, for promoting the practice
of professional nursing in a specified patient care area, and for
the acquisition, development, and utilization of resources (human
and material) needed to fulfill those responsibilities. S/he works
cooperatively with administrators, physicians, staff, other
managers and all customers of the Methodist Healthcare System to
provide services, which consistently meet and exceed the
expectations of their customers. This is accomplished by assessing
and prioritizing opportunities to improve, plan and implement
effective changes and evaluate outcomes of process improvement
activities. The Nurse Manager models behavior consistent with
Methodist Excellence and actively supports the Mission and Vision
of the MHS; effectively maintains the hospitals Standards of Care
and Practice. We are an amazing team that works hard to support
each other and are seeking a phenomenal addition like you who feels
patient care is as meaningful as we do. We want you to apply
What You Will Do In Your Role:
- Builds and maintains a high functioning team. Provides
leadership and direction for staffing their unit(s) in accordance
with the organizational goals and objectives. Identifies
modifications in staffing based on patient acuity and
- Manages personnel including interviewing, work allocation,
orientation and training, staff development, problem resolution,
evaluating performance, making recommendations for personnel
actions, and motivation of employees to achieve peak performance.
Is responsible for meeting unit productivity targets.
- Plans, organizes, facilitates and directs patient care
delivered on the unit on a 24 hour basis in accordance with
recognized and accepted internal (e.g. unit, department, and
hospital) and external (e.g. TJC, Medicare, OSHA)
- Develops and oversees the departmental scope of services and
- Develops and implements policies and procedures which relate to
the particular nursing specialty and integrates standards of care
into unit operations/collaborative care paths that support the
provision of services.
- Directs processes to assess, improve and maintain the quality
of patient care according to the hospital plan for quality
What qualifications you will need:
- Graduate of an accredited diploma, associates, or baccalaureate
degree nursing program.
- Three years clinical acute care RN experience.
- One year management experience.
- Current license to practice professional registered nursing in
the state of Texas
This role requires you to be full... Please click to view full job
Keywords: Confidential, San Antonio , Nurse Manager of Progressive Care at Methodist Hospital Texsan, Executive , San Antonio, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!