Compliance Risk Manager Lead - Fair Lending (Hybrid)
Posted on: November 26, 2022
Purpose of Job
USAA knows what it means to serve. We facilitate the financial
security of millions of U.S. military members and their families.
This singular mission requires a dedication to innovative thinking
at every level.
We are seeking an experienced Compliance Risk Manager Lead - Fair
Lending to work hybrid schedule from one of our regional offices in
San Antonio, TX, Plano, TX, Phoenix, AZ, Tampa, FL, Colorado
Springs, CO, or Charlotte, NC facility.
USAA values a culture that is highly collaborative, and we have
found that a hybrid work type helps employees gain the best of both
worlds - collaborating in-person in the office and working from
home. The actual onsite days are settled between each employee and
the employee's manager. Candidates are expected to live a
commutable distance from one of our offices in San Antonio, TX,
Plano, TX, Phoenix, AZ, Tampa, FL, Colorado Springs, CO or
Provides second-line independent oversight and guidance regarding
business products, services, and processes through a compliance
framework to ensure they are performed in accordance with
regulatory requirements. In partnership with the business and key
stakeholders, continuously drives a strong culture of compliance
and demonstrates integrity and professional judgment in protecting
the interests of USAA and its members.
- Anticipates and identifies future needs, opportunities, and
potential compliance solutions, and leads cross-functional teams
through the problem resolution process.
- Assesses results of data analyses, provides credible challenge,
and recommends innovative compliance solutions.
- Develops, designs, and delivers compliance strategies to
influence business leadership on effective solutions and may
represent leadership on complex issues.
- Maintains and expands expert knowledge of the
competitive/regulatory landscape and the company's key
- May coordinate and respond to regulatory requirements and
requests and ensures the execution of examinations.
- Implements compliance risk management activities in accordance
with enterprise compliance standards.
- Serves as the technical guide regarding compliance laws and
regulations and provides direction to others on complex issues.
- Bachelor's degree OR 4 additional years of related experience
beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a degree
(12 years total in lieu of degree).
- 8 or more years relevant experience in compliance, risk, legal
or audit within the financial services or insurance industry.
- Demonstrated experience working in a highly regulated
- Expert knowledge of relevant industry regulations and
regulatory compliance in a specific area.
- Advanced knowledge of compliance laws, regulations, and
- Shown ability to apply advanced knowledge of regulatory
compliance to consult and provide insight and guidance.
- Proven ability to communicate effectively at all levels of
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office tools to include Word,
Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Knowledge of federal laws, rules, and regulations, to include:
CRA; ECOA; MLA; SCRA; Regulation DD; Regulation E; Regulation Z;
- General understanding of federal supervisory guidance,
including but not limited to: letters, bulletins, manuals,
handbooks, proposals, and statements from the Federal Reserve, OCC,
and CFPB. Preferred Qualifications:
- Experience performing SLOD oversight at a large complex
financial institution, including execution of compliance risk
assessments and compliance monitoring activities.
- Understanding of fair lending laws such as the Equal Credit
Opportunity Act (ECOA), the Fair Housing Act (FHA) and/or Consumer
Credit Protection Act.
- Strong (oral and written) communication with partners/executive
leadership to provide effective reporting and guidance on
compliance risk matters. The above description reflects the details
considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job
and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the
work requirements that may be performed in the job.
USAA has an effective process for assessing market data and
establishing ranges to ensure we remain competitive. You are paid
within the salary range based on your experience and market
position. The salary range for this position is:
Employees may be eligible for pay incentives based on overall
corporate and individual performance or at the discretion of the
USAA Board of Directors.
Geographical Differential: Geographic pay differential is
additional pay provided to eligible employees working in locations
where market pay levels are above the national average.
Shift premium will be addressed on an individual basis for
applicable roles that are consistently scheduled for non-core
At USAA our employees enjoy best-in-class benefits to support their
physical, financial, and emotional wellness. These benefits include
comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, 401(k), pension,
life insurance, parental benefits, adoption assistance, paid time
off program with paid holidays plus 16 paid volunteer hours, and
various wellness programs. Additionally, our career path planning,
and continuing education assists employees with their professional
To see details on our outstanding benefits, visit USAA Total
Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
USAA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Keywords: USAA, San Antonio , Compliance Risk Manager Lead - Fair Lending (Hybrid), Executive , Adkins, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!