Director, Product Development - Commercial Claims (Remote)
Location: San Antonio
Posted on: January 27, 2023
Purpose of JobAbout USAA
USAA knows what it means to serve. We facilitate the financial
security of millions of U.S. military members and their families.
This singular mission requires a dedication to innovative thinking
at every level.
Manages a team of individual contributors that is responsible for
overseeing and managing the launch and maturation of new products
into target strategic markets. Serving as a cross functional
expert, provides leadership, product expertise and support for
initiatives related to product development, compliance, operational
and process improvements, claims management, vendor management,
product documentation, fulfillment, and/or system releases.
USAA values a culture that is highly collaborative, and we have
found that a hybrid work type helps employees gain the best of both
worlds collaborating in-person in the office and working from home.
The actual onsite days are settled between each employee and the
employees manager. Candidates are expected to live a commutable
distance from one of our offices in San Antonio, TX, Plano, TX,
Phoenix, AZ, Tampa, FL, Chesapeake, VA, Colorado Springs, CO or
Charlotte, NC. [This position also has the option to be remote.
]Job RequirementsPrimary Responsibilities:
- Identifies and manages existing and emerging risks that stem
from business activities and the job role.
- Ensures risks associated with business activities are
effectively identified, measured, monitored, and controlled.
- Follows written risk and compliance policies, standards, and
procedures for business activities.
- Responsible for development of digital first products
supporting the needs and risks of USAA Members.
- Oversees the development and of launch new innovative product
offerings as well as auxiliary/enhanced features/services for
- Develops and finalizes recommendations to launch new products
and the evaluation and decision to buy/build or ally for the line
- Develops and launches new innovative product offerings as well
as auxiliary/enhanced features/services for existing products
- Generates creative product and coverage solutions for member
needs to ensure a dynamic product development pipeline exists
- Responsible for maintaining thorough level of knowledge of
business and underwriting performance for products in scope (e.g.
trends, results, etc.)
- Responsible for post-launch maintenance and underwriting of new
in market products based on product performance, member needs and
competitive changes in the market including but not limited to
product rules, rates, and forms.
- Leverages cross functional resources to gather data and member
information to support formulation of product strategy and acquire
- Leads a team to analyze internal and external data and member
information to support formulation of product strategy and enhance
- Develops and communicates the new product value proposition for
the line of business across teams and levels of leadership
- Ensures product development team delivers sales support to all
distribution channels (e.g., .com, mobile, contact center) so that
the new product is properly positioned to members
- Directs the analysis and evaluation across multiple new product
performance metrics to adapt offerings, if necessary, prior to full
- Coordinates with relevant control partners (to include Legal,
Compliance, and Risk Management) to ensure product offerings are
designed and implemented in compliance with all applicable laws and
- Coaches and develops employees belonging to the product
development team, on an ongoing and real-time basis, to drive
maximum performance and engagement levels to achieve desired
business results.Minimum Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Marketing, Supply Chain,
Statistics, or related discipline; OR 4 years of related experience
(in addition to the minimum years of experience required) may be
substituted in lieu of degree.
- 8 years relevant industry experience in Actuary, Underwriting,
Marketing, or Operations to include direct product management
- 3 years of direct team lead or management experience.
- Experience developing product strategies, product plans and
- Demonstrated experience in developing, deploying and supporting
product and/or integrated suite of products.
- Knowledge and application of Product Development Life Cycle
- Experience leading an agile product development process,
managing multiple products simultaneously.
- Exceptional communicator and engaging storyteller with a flair
to communicate effectively with executives.Preferred
- Commercial Lines Claims experience
- Experience developing digital claims experiencesThe above
description reflects the details considered necessary to describe
the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a
detailed description of all the work requirements that may be
performed in the job.Compensation:USAA has an effective process for
assessing market data and establishing ranges to ensure we remain
competitive. You are paid within the salary range based on your
experience and market position. The salary range for this position
is: $*117,600 211,700.Employees may be eligible for pay incentives
based on overall corporate and individual performance or at the
discretion of the USAA Board of Directors.*Geographical
Differential: Geographic pay differential is additional pay
provided to eligible employees working in locations where market
pay levels are above the national average.Shift premium will be
addressed on an individual basis for applicable roles that are
consistently scheduled for non-core hours.Benefits:At USAA our
employees enjoy best-in-class benefits to support their physical,
financial, and emotional wellness. These benefits include
comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, 401(k), pension,
life insurance, parental benefits, adoption assistance, paid time
off program with paid holidays plus 16 paid volunteer hours, and
various wellness programs. Additionally, our career path planning
and continuing education assists employees with their professional
goals.To see details on our outstanding benefits, visit USAA Total
Rewards.Relocation assistance is not available for this
position.USAA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Keywords: USAA, San Antonio , Director, Product Development - Commercial Claims (Remote), Executive , San Antonio, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!