Assistant General Manager
Company: SSA Group, LLC
Location: San Antonio
Posted on: January 27, 2023
SSA Group at San Antonio Zoo is looking for a talented Assistant
General Manager to join our team!
SSA: Built by family for families, SSA activates the moments
between the experiences.
Assistant General Manager
Are YOU the perfect addition to our team? We are looking for the
- Goal-oriented and flexible to meet the needs of the
- Demonstrates desire to help the team succeed.
- Driven by cultural attractions and the environment they
- Experience managing in a high-volume quick-service or
- Leads team through active coaching and upholding standard of
service as necessary to success of the operation. Comfortable with
managing an employee life-cycle, from hire to retire.
- Operational oversight of all Departmental programs on location
- inclusive of quickservice restaurants, carts, kiosks, food truck
(where applicable), Gift Shop, retail kiosk, & Event/Catering
- Works directly with Executive Chef and/or General Manager
onsite in oversight of Food Service programs.
- Knowledge of food safety standards, quality and
- ServSafe or Food Handling Certification a plus.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, including the
ability to articulate to our client, General Manager and HQ
- Proven leadership skills with an understanding of the
importance of team building/development, while fostering
- Demonstrates financial management, merchandising, analytical,
planning and leadership skills.
- Computer knowledge and skill level for basic office
- Exceptional problem solving/decision making skills combined
with the ability to be organized.
- Individual who brings excitement and opportunity to engage with
the team and guests.
The Assistant General Manager will serve as the secondary onsite
client liaison in a contract management setting, responsible for
maintaining an excellent relationship and ensuring client and
customer satisfaction. The Assistant General Manager supports the
General Manager with supervision of the onsite Food Service
Operations Manager, Retail Operations Manager, Catering Sales and
Operations Manager(s), Executive Chef, Administrative Operations
Manager and employee team. Candidates with a service industry and
cultural attraction background are encouraged and preferred.
Please inquire for full job description.
PPE (face mask, gloves, apron) will be required for all shifts, Job
duties will require individual to lift up to 15-35lbs and be on
feet for long periods of time, please discuss with interviewing
manager if accommodation is needed
Compensation and Benefits
- Salary - based on range in consideration of relevant job
experience and certification/education; if position is physically
in Colorado salary range will be posted above following EPFEW
- Vacation or TAFW (time away from work) Plan - we want our team
to take time as they need, so don't accrue hours but rather give
you freedom to schedule within scope of the business and your
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance; employee premiums
- Short-Term Disability and Long-Term Disability, employer
sponsored; scaled-salary pay following submission and approval of
- Birthing Parent Plan covers up to (6-8) weeks fully paid leave,
based on birthing event
- (4) Week fully paid Parental leave following birth, adoption or
foster event, can be coupled with Birthing Parent Plan to extend
- 401k program, eligible for enrollment after (1) year of
employment during January or June open enrollment periods, company
is not matching at this time
- $75 monthly cell phone stipend
How to Apply:
Complete online application with information requested directly
through this link; Resume is required, Cover Letter not required
but encouraged; should you wish to submit your application directly
through email, you may reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org with the
subject line: Application for Position.
SSA Group, LLC. is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace
diversity and equal opportunity through our commitment to building
a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and
skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.
Who are we:
SSA Group works with zoos, aquariums, museums, and other cultural
attractions on integrating dining, retail, admissions and more. We
increase revenue opportunities for partners across the United
States. With 50 years in the business, SSA has refined the basics
while pioneering better ways forward. With pillars of focus like
sustainability, inclusivity, and innovation, SSA is transforming
the cultural attraction industry.
SSA was built by families, for families, with a family's sense of
love and dedication. We don't just rely on the best practices in
our industry, we customize best practices for each partner to set
the bar higher and higher, always. We do all we can to further the
mission of our partners because their guests and the communities
they serve, deserve it.
This job opportunity is classified as a medium exposure risk job:
include those that require frequent and/or close contact with
(i.e., within 6 feet of) people who may be infected with
SARS-CoV-2, but who are not known or suspected COVID-19 patients.
In areas without ongoing community transmission, workers in this
risk group may have frequent contact with travelers who may return
from international locations with widespread COVID-19 transmission.
In areas where there is ongoing community transmission, workers in
this category may have contact with the general public (e.g.,
schools, high-population-density work environments, some
high-volume retail settings). Workers must comply with location
specific vaccination and testing requirements.
All California Residents: By clicking the 'APPLY NOW' button and
submitting your job application, you agree you have reviewed the
SSA Group California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) Candidate and
Employee Privacy Notice ('Notice'). The English Notice is linked
here, and the Spanish Notice is linked here.
San Francisco Residents: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance
Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants
with arrest and conviction records. Please see the 'Fair Chance
Ordinance - Know Your Rights' document linked here for more
information. By clicking the 'APPLY NOW' button and submitting your
job application, you agree you have reviewed the 'Fair Chance
Ordinance - Know Your Rights' document.
Salary range is $78,000.00-$90,000.00, commensurate with education
Keywords: SSA Group, LLC, San Antonio , Assistant General Manager, Executive , San Antonio, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!