Company: Standard Aero
Location: San Antonio
Posted on: January 27, 2023
Immune Specific Accountabilities
- Recognizes and understands flight/product safety critical parts
- Responsible for immediately reporting flight/product safety
- Participates in proactive risk analysis of flight/product safety
critical parts and processes.
- Recognizes and understands the Just Culture policy.
- Enhances and improves corporate operations policies, procedures
and systems, including review, modification and creation of Company
Instructions and local procedures related to Operations.
- Participates and coordinates in the development of performance,
efficiency and product quality standards that impact all SBUs and
production cells and may include supply cells. Provides guidance to
SBU Operations Directors regarding the coordination of business
unit standards with overall company objectives.
- Conducts operations audits, monitors and analyzes output, cycle
times, labour, and quality corporately and oversees and
participates in the resolution of problems or reinforcement of
positive findings with a focus on achieving redesign targets and
- Coordinates and liaises with SBU Operations Directors, Quality
Assurance engineering, Operations engineering, the Director of
Materiel (Corporate), the Director of M.I.S., Internal Redesign
Consultants, Cell Leaders, continuous improvement facilitators, and
others to resolve difficult or continuing problems and ensure
production standards and goals are achieved.
- Acts as a consultant to help facilitate development and
implementation of global operations systems initiatives; develops
strategy and sets policy; and promotes/supports international
- Trains operations directors, cell leaders and other operations
personnel in the use of operations information technology tools in
the Operations Management System and corporate operations business
- Develops new information technology tools and introduces
externally developed tools to the company's Operations team.
- Supports SBU business planning activities for manpower, equipment
and facilities to achieve forecast sales levels; establishes
central operations business plans to meet SBU operations support
- Liaises with the SBU Operations Directors to balance corporate
manpower requirements and local resource shortages or surpluses.
Supports capacity planning and resource utilization reporting tools
to assist the operations management group (OMG) in balancing
- Coordinates continuous improvement project plans with operations
to maximize the financial impact of projects with multi-SBU
- Reviews, prioritizes, and participates in functional support
group projects to better meet corporate and SBU operations
- Exercises authority in hiring, training, career development,
performance appraisal, salary adjustments, promotion, discipline,
health, safety and the general employee relations of direct
- Actively participates in the appropriate management team(s),
assisting with the development and realization of strategic plans,
budgets, goals and outcomes.
- Carries out special projects as assigned.
- Strong planning, organizational, analytical, leadership,
interpersonal, decision making, oral and written communication
- Strong project management skills.
- Working knowledge of PC's in the current company operating system
- Working knowledge of production management computer systems.
- Working knowledge of company instructions, company processes,
administrative policies and procedures, and export compliance
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, business administration or a
related discipline (CIM, CPIM, APICS); or equivalent.
- Several years of management experience in a manufacturing and/or
The typical minimum level of education to perform this job
competently is equivalent to completion of a university (bachelor)
program in a specialized field of study and work. The work requires
a sound understanding of the underlying theoretical principles and
concepts associated with the subject area and an understanding of
the relation of these to the responsibilities of the job. This
specialized training is often recognized by a degree and/or
Directly/indirectly related work experience representing continuous
learning and required for someone to perform this job competently
is six to ten years.
Ongoing work assignments typically have only generally defined
goals and provide no (or minimal) direction with respect to what
action steps to follow. The abstract nature of the work is such
that the incumbent's education, training, and previous experience
cannot assure either the goal or the approach can be clearly
understood because the tangible product or service resulting from
the work often does not exist when a project is initiated.
Keywords: Standard Aero, San Antonio , Director, Operations, Executive , San Antonio, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!