Director of Pharmacy
Company: Methodist Hospital Metropolitan
Posted on: May 28, 2023
Description This position is incentive eligible.
Introduction Are you ready to manage in a new era as a Director of
Pharmacy E where building a healthier tomorrow is more than a job?
Our Methodist Hospital Metropolitan team is committed to
partnership, innovation, legacy and improving more lives in more
ways. Share your resume today. Benefits Methodist Hospital
Metropolitan, offers a total rewards package that supports the
health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The
available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services
at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and
behavioral health coverage as well as free telemedicine services
and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and
disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental
health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital
indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection,
legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet
insurance and more.
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical
and financial wellbeing
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on
years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan with 10% off HCA Healthcare
- Family support through fertility and family building benefits
with Progyny and adoption assistance.
- Referral services for child, elder and pet care, home and auto
repair, event planning and more
- Consumer discounts through Abenity and Consumer Discounts
- Retirement readiness, rollover assistance services and
preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification
support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave,
long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of
- Employee Health Assistance Fund that offers free employee-only
coverage to full-time and part-time colleagues based on income.
Learn more about Employee Benefits Note: Eligibility for benefits
may vary by location. Our teams are dedicated to improving human
life. Each year about five percent of all U.S. hospital services
happen at an HCA Healthcare facility. Be an impact as a(an) Dir
Pharm E where your passion for leading and creativity are valued?
We want your knowledge and expertise! Job Summary and
Qualifications The Director of Pharmacy plans, organizes, controls,
and supervises activities in hospital pharmacy according to
hospital policies, standards, of practice of the profession, and
State and Federal laws. Recommends innovations in the practice and
function of the hospital pharmacy to Administration and carries out
mutually agreed upon programs. What you will do in this role:
- Establish quality improvement, fiscal, productivity, and
patient satisfaction goals and objectives in conjunction with upper
- Supervise the maintenance and dissemination of drug information
through in-service education of hospital personnel, consultation
with patients, hospital staff, and medical staff.
- Actively assist staff pharmacists in the discharge of routine
duties as necessary.
- Direct the activities of and provide professional and technical
guidance to pharmacy personnel.
- Provide leadership to new program development, implementation
and evaluation. Act as a consultant in areas of expertise.
- Anticipate the needs and issues of customers/suppliers in order
to insure effective departmental operations and/or meet their
- Provide leadership to the department through effective
organization, direction of activities, and appropriate delegation
- Promotes teamwork among staff, peers, physicians, and
othersWhat qualifications you will need:
- B.S. or Pharm D from an ACPE-accredited School of Pharmacy
- Minimum of two (2)+ years supervisory or leadership experience
- Current Pharmacist license in good standing with the
appropriate State Board of Pharmacy.
- Current Consultant Pharmacist license in good standing with the
appropriate State Board of Pharmacy.
- Controlled Substance License in good standing with appropriate
State Board of Pharmacy if applicable. This role requires you to be
fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal
law or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is
approved). HealthTrust Supply Chain is a critical part of HCA
Healthcare's strategy. Our focus is to improve performance and
reduce costs. We do this by joining non-clinical and administrative
functions. HealthTrust Supply Chain best practice methodologies. We
develop, apply and monitor cost-efficient initiatives and programs
for HCA Healthcare. By improving facility efficiency, medical
professionals can focus on our mission - patient care. HCA
Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World's Most Ethical
Companies by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In
recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in
cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and
other uncompensated expenses. "Across HCA Healthcare's more than
2,000 sites of care, our nurses and colleagues have a positive
impact on patients, communities and healthcare. Together, we uplift
and elevate our purpose to give people a healthier tomorrow." -
Jane Englebright, PhD, RN CENP, FAAN Senior Vice President and
Chief Nursing Executive If this is the kind of dynamic growth
opportunity that compels you, apply for the Dir Pharm E role. We
are interviewing apply today! We are an equal opportunity employer
and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the
basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual
orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability
Keywords: Methodist Hospital Metropolitan, San Antonio , Director of Pharmacy, Executive , Cibolo, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...