Product Management Director - Deposits
Location: San Antonio
Posted on: November 20, 2023
Why USAA? Let's do something that really matters.
At USAA, we have an important mission: facilitating the financial
security of millions of U.S. military members and their families.
Not all of our employees served in our nation's military, but we
all share in the mission to give back to those who did. We're
working as one to build a great experience and make a real impact
for our members.
We believe in our core values of honesty, integrity, loyalty and
service. They're what guides everything we do - from how we treat
our members to how we treat each other. Come be a part of what
makes us so special! The Opportunity We are looking for a Product
Management Director for the Bank's Checking Product Management
team. This is an individual contributor role. This team is
responsible for driving acquisition and engagement by developing
differentiated solutions that inspire members to choose USAA as
their primary bank. The role is accountable for the P&L growth
of USAA's Checking products and will focus on optimizing and
executing acquisition and offer strategy by leading
cross-functional teams to develop, implement, and monitor
performance of various marketing, digital and call center
acquisition tactics.This role will be accountable for leading
change management routines to ensure risks associated with new
business activities are effectively identified, measured,
monitored, and controlled in accordance with risk and compliance
policies and procedures. In addition, the role will assess risk
(e.g., compliance, operational, strategic), enhance the control
environment, and develop new routines to lower residual risk
associated with deposit marketing experiences.Formulates
product/sales strategy recommendations based on analysis of
profitability, competitiveness and sales performance for the
product life cycle.Compile, analyze and interpret data to make
strategic and tactical recommendations or decisions pertaining to
sales/product performance. Responsible for defining the business
questions and providing insights to improve business performance.
Supports the maintenance of existing products and/or may lead in
the development and launch of less complex, new products with
channel partners. We offer a flexible work environment that
requires an individual to be in the office 4 days per week. This
position can be based in one of the following locations: San
Antonio, TX, Plano, TX, Phoenix, AZ, Colorado Springs, CO,
Charlotte, NC, Chesapeake, VA or Tampa, FL. Relocation assistance
is not available for this position. What you'll do:
- Ensure risks associated with business activities are
effectively identified, measured, monitored, and controlled in
accordance with risk and compliance policies and procedures.
- Leverages internal and external data and member information to
support formulation of product strategy and enhance competitive
- Develops product dashboards and metrics recommendations in
support of analyzing and evaluating strategic performance.
- Partners with Marketing to define go-to-market and value
proposition strategy of the product/feature.
- Develops recommendations to launch new products and the
evaluation and decision to buy/build or ally.
- Acts as product SME on features and services and collaborates
with business partners to provide recommendations.
- Analyzes and evaluates product performance metrics to form
recommendations regarding market opportunities and product
- Leads efforts to expand or change existing product
- Contributes to decisions regarding product pricing and
- Identifies and evaluates potential providers for alliance
- Provides support regarding all aspects of Product Life
- Approves and provides support in developing, editing and
distributing product communications.
- Coordinates with relevant control partners (to include Legal,
Compliance, and Risk Management) to ensure product offerings are
designed, implemented and managed in compliance with all applicable
laws and regulations.
- Contributes to the overall strategy of the business and
collaborates with alliance to develop product strategy.
- Interprets performance results to inform product or sales
forecast and planning.
- Ensures risks associated with business activities are
effectively identified, measured, monitored, and controlled in
accordance with risk and compliance policies and procedures.What
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Marketing, Supply Chain,
Statistics, or related discipline; OR 4+ years of related
experience (in addition to the minimum years of experience
required) may be substituted in lieu of degree.
- 8+ years of relevant industry experience in Actuary,
Underwriting, Marketing or Sales/Service or Finance/Accounting
Operations or Financial Services.
- 3+ years of product management, or similar strategic management
experience (similar experience includes direct support in managing
- 2+ years of data visualization experience as a user (i.e.
Tableau, Power BI, Excel, etc).
- Knowledge of relevant laws and regulations (i.e. FDIC, CFPB,
- Expert experience in crafting product briefings and presenting
to executive leadership.
- Experienced in market research to build product roadmap, make
product decisions and iterate rapidly.
- Knowledge of applicable product related regulations, and risk
and compliance requirements.
- Knowledge of federal laws, rules, and regulations to include:
FFIEC- Retail Payment Systems Handbook, Payment Rules (NACHA,
Zelle, etc.), Reg CC, Reg E, Reg DD.What sets you apart:
- 5+ years of product management and product design experience
and execution, preferably within Deposits
- Risk and Change management experience including ability to
apply, develop and execute risk management principles, risk
assessments, control design, and risk reporting
- Outstanding analytical skillset and critical thinking (i.e.,
ability to compile, interpret and analyze data to make fact-based
- Attention to detail, self-discipline, and self-motivation
(i.e., comfortable making decisions and working in a sometimes
ambiguous fast paced environment)
- Demonstrated experience leading end-to-end program execution
and project management
- Strong written presentation skills, including PowerPoint
- US military experience through military service or a military
spouse/domestic partnerThe above description reflects the details
considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job
and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the
work requirements that may be performed in the job.What we
offer:Compensation: USAA has an effective process for assessing
market data and establishing ranges to ensure we remain
competitive. You are paid within the salary range based on your
experience and market data of the position. The actual salary for
this role may vary by location. The salary range for this position
is: $132,500 - $253,220.Employees may be eligible for pay
incentives based on overall corporate and individual performance
and at the discretion of the USAA Board of Directors.Benefits: At
USAA our employees enjoy best-in-class benefits to support their
physical, financial, and emotional wellness. These benefits include
comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, 401(k), pension,
life insurance, parental benefits, adoption assistance, paid time
off program with paid holidays plus 16 paid volunteer hours, and
various wellness programs. Additionally, our career path planning
and continuing education assists employees with their professional
goals.For more details on our outstanding benefits, please visit
our benefits page on USAA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a
Keywords: USAA, San Antonio , Product Management Director - Deposits, Executive , San Antonio, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!