Senior Risk Analyst- Third-Party Risk Management
Location: San Antonio
Posted on: February 15, 2019
Purpose of Job This Job Posting is for multiple openings available in 2019.
Little to no travel is required.
We are currently seeking talented Senior Risk Analyst - Third Party Risk Management for our San Antonio, TX or Phoenix, AZ facility.
Provides risk management support for a line of business or staff agency in key risk identification, measurement and aggregation, and the understanding and management of risk through appropriate practices and processes. Assesses and mitigates enterprise and business exposures through the identification of key and emerging risks and evaluates alignment with risk strategy and appetite. Monitors the risk and control environment to ensure that exposures are kept at acceptable levels and may consult on risk mitigation plans.
Job Requirements ABOUT USAA
USAA knows what it means to serve. We facilitate the financial security of millions of U.S. military members and their families. This singular mission requires a dedication to innovative thinking at every level.
In each of the past five years, we've been a top-40 Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For , and we've ranked among Victory Media's Top 10 Military Friendly Employers 13 years straight. We embrace a robust veteran workforce and encourage veterans and veteran spouses to apply.
A BOUT USAA RISK Management
USAA is a growing financial services company and the Risk Management function at USAA is an important part of this growth. It is an exciting time at USAA and in our Risk Management organization. We are a diversified team of Risk professionals, working across all lines of business across USAA operations (banking, insurance, investments) seeing the incredible growth first-hand. Working at USAA in Risk Management affords you the ability to be a part of USAA s noble mission on a daily basis. We stand behind our 11 million members who rely on us every day.
See what it's like to work for a company where your passion meets our purpose:
- Partners with key stakeholders in the business to identify, assess, aggregate and document risks and controls, including risks associated with new or modified products, services, distribution channels, regulations and third party operations using advanced knowledge.
- Presents findings to various levels of leadership.
- Communicates results of risk assessments to governance committees, business process owners and various levels of leadership.
- Implements new risk policies, practices, appetites and solutions to ensure holistic understanding and management of risks according to industry best practice.
- Enhances and contributes to strategies, tools, and methodologies to measure, monitor, and report risks.
- Applies advanced knowledge to utilize or produce analytical material for discussions with cross functional teams to understand business objectives and influence solution strategies.
- Serves as a key contributor in cross-functional teams to identify, assess, aggregate and mitigate current and emerging risk events.
- Effectively contributes to projects that impact the organization.
- Serves as a key contributor on projects that may impact the enterprise or a core operating area.
- Formulates stress test plans for a line of business or the enterprise including the evaluation of results, and framing of contingency plans in partnership with key business stakeholders.Minimum Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in Risk Management, Business, Finance, or a related field required or 4 additional years of related experience beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
- 6 or more years risk management experience or 6 years operations experience in a relevant functional area to include banking, insurance, financial services, audit, project management, public accounting or other related operational area Or advanced degree or designation in a quantitative discipline relevant to risk management and up to 4 years relevant risk management work experience Or PhD in a quantitative discipline and 2 or more years relevant risk management work experience.
- Successful completion of a job-related assessment may be required. Preferred
- Comprehensive knowledge of third party risk management processes and methodologies
- Knowledge of and experience in designing and operating governance, frameworks and processes to comply with vendor management / third party risk management related regulatory requirements, guidance and oversight (OCC 2013-29, Fed SR 13-19 or other relevant third party risk management / vendor management regulation applicable to the financial services industry)
- 3 years experience in third party risk management, assurance and / or oversight or relevant supplier or third party audit or compliance experience
- Experience using third party risk management /Governance, Risk and Compliance (GRC) systems
- Currently hold industry recognized third party risk management or vendor management certification
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; experience performing both detailed and executive-level documentation
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office tools; specifically, Excel, PowerPoint and SharePointThe above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits packages in the business, including a flexible business casual or casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education will assist you with your professional goals.
Relocation assistance is available for this position.
Keywords: USAA, San Antonio , Senior Risk Analyst- Third-Party Risk Management, Executive , San Antonio, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!