Location: San Antonio
Posted on: June 15, 2019
Purpose of JobWe are seeking a talented Director, Compliance for
our Remote or San Antonio, TX facility.
Manages and leads a staff in the development and implementation of
strategic and tactical solutions to protect and minimize
operational compliance risk to USAA. Provides operational
compliance oversight for USAA, its affiliates, and USAA
partnerships with external companies. Builds effective
relationships with industry and regulatory authoritiesJob
RequirementsABOUT USAAUSAA knows what it means to serve. We
facilitate the financial security of millions of U.S. military
members and their families. This singular mission requires a
dedication to innovative thinking at every level.In each of the
past five years, we've been a top-40 Fortune 100 Best Companies to
Work For , and we've ranked among Victory Media's Top 10 Military
Friendly Employers for 13 years straight. We embrace a robust
veteran workforce and encourage veterans and veteran spouses to
apply.ABOUT USAA Compliance This role will lead a Compliance team
for multiple business units including Corp. Services, Member
Operational Communications (MOC) and certain functions within
CAO.See what it's like to work for a company where your passion
meets our purpose:PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides oversight and manages the changing regulatory
- Directs the review of state and federal regulatory compliance
requirements to include analysis of business impact/operational
risk assessment for enacted laws/regulations and recommended
company compliance actions to insure regulatory compliance.
- Proactively identifies strategic and tactical regulatory
solutions by providing compliance subject matter expertise for CoSA
- Identifies compliance action plans that have regulatory impact
on the company's business.
- Directs research and feasibility studies to assess regulatory
compliance impacts and recommended actions on CoSA
- Directs the implementation of appropriate strategic/tactical
solutions for compliance business requirements.
- Ensures adoption and identifies any outstanding compliance
- Directs the monitoring and managing of regulatory requirements
- Manages federal/state regulatory agency relationships to obtain
regulatory approvals and provides required regulatory
- Provides oversight for compliance adherence through self
assessment programs and examinations.
- Responsible for personnel actions for staff to include hiring,
coaching, employee development, recognition, performance
management, promotions, dismissals, and disciplinary action.
- Determines action(s) required to best allocate resources.
- Develops, monitors, and analyzes budgetary and/or operation
performance of department resources
- Builds processes and relationships that facilitate productive
- Coordinates and responds to regulatory requirements and
requests, and ensures the execution of conduct examinations.
- Accountable for achieving business objectives and results;
provides guidance to crossfunctional team members to ensure goal
achievement and team success.MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor's degree required OR 4 additional years of related
experience beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu
of a degree.
- 8 or more years of industry experience.
- 3 years of leadership experience.*Qualifications may warrant
placement in a different job level.*When you apply for this
position, you will be required to answer some initial questions.
This will take approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin the
questions you will not be able to finish them at a later time and
you will not be able to change your responses.PREFERRED
- Expert experience creating and building relationship with first
line of defense
- Experience designing, implementing, and sustaining a Compliance
program at a large, complex financial institution.
- Extensive regulatory compliance expertise advising on
Compliance program components.
- Extensive experience overseeing annual compliance plan
processes and managing associated reporting.
- Proven ability to motivate and cultivate diverse
talent.BENEFITS USAA's most valuable resource is our 28,000
employees. We promote a culture of diversity and inclusion,
encouraging varied perspectives and ideas.Our team enjoys
world-class benefits, pay and highly competitive reward
opportunities, including comprehensive healthcare, wellness and
wealth building programs, employee resource groups, 401K matching
dollar-for-dollar up to 8% of pay, career planning and continuing
education.We promote a strong work-life balance with a variety of
on-site services and conveniences depending on location, including
a daycare, health center and pharmacy, multiple dining options,
company stores, covered parking and free fitness centers. USAA is a
casual dress environment.***Selected candidates will attend and
complete the Management Development School program in San Antonio,
TX, during their first six months in position.***The above
description reflects the details considered necessary to describe
the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a
detailed description of all the work requirements that may be
performed in the job.At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best
benefits packages in the business, including a flexible business
casual or casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental
and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs.
Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education
will assist you with your professional goals.USAA also offers a
variety of on-site services and conveniences to help you manage
your work and personal life, including seven cafeterias, two
company stores and three fitness centers.Relocation assistance is
not available for this position.For Internal Candidates:Must
complete 12 months in current position (from date of hire or date
of placement), or must have manager s approval prior to
posting.Last day for internal candidatesto apply to the opening is
06/04/19 by 11:59 pm CST time. Associated topics: administrative
assistant, administrative support, assist, asso, facilities, front
office, operational support, operations director, records
Keywords: USAA, San Antonio , Director, Compliance, Executive , San Antonio, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!