Manager - Distribution & Collection Operations (Line Cleaning and Televising)
Company: San Antonio Water System
Location: San Antonio
Posted on: August 17, 2019
Salary starts at $70,726 annually. Rate of pay depends on
qualifications.Job DescriptionJOB SUMMARY
The Manager - Distribution & Collection Operations is responsible
for supervising construction and maintaining the integrity of the
water distribution, water production, wastewater collection
systems, and recycle pump stations. Responsible for extensive
collaboration within and outside the organization in conflict
resolution and ongoing development of construction standards,
specifications and emergency and preventive maintenance
- Supervises, selects, develops, trains and evaluates
- Forecasts, allocates, and monitors the human, physical and
financial resources for the assigned area.
- Provides technical and functional guidance to various
departments, divisions, governmental agencies, vendors, and
manufacturer representatives concerning materials, supplies,
equipment, water and wastewater system design, maintenance and
- Applies water and wastewater principles, practices, theories,
laws, procedures and terminology.
- Develops, organizes, and implements complex technical and
- Develops measures to analyze and improve division's overall
- Recommends and implements division policies and
- Facilitates interdepartmental teamwork.
- Trains and mentors other employees.
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationships and
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- This position receives general direction.
- Bachelor's Degree in Construction Management, Science, Public
Administration, or related field from an institution accredited by
a nationally recognized accrediting agency.
- Six years' increasingly responsible experience in water
distribution and wastewater collection systems, construction,
maintenance, and repair including three years' supervisory
- Class B Water or Class III Wastewater license or equivalent
(depending on the area of assignment) within 12 months. License
equivalency is at the discretion of the hiring official.
- Valid Class "C" Texas Driver's License consistent with SAWS
- Work Zone Traffic Control, Excavation Safety, and Confined
Space Awareness and/or certification where applicable.
- Knowledge of water and wastewater principles, practices,
theories, laws, procedures and terminology.
- Skill in using word processing, spreadsheet, database,
computerized maintenance management system, and related
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working
relationships with internal and external staff and customers.
- Ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONSWorking conditions are in an
office environment with occasional field visits. Field environment
working conditions include frequent exposure to inclement weather;
wastewater; mechanical, electrical, chemical and confined space
hazards; offensive fumes; excessive noise; heavy traffic; deep
excavations; and animals, snakes and poisonous insects. Operates a
company vehicle on a daily basis.
May be required to work hours other than the regular schedule such
as days, nights, weekends, holidays, on-call and rotating
Keywords: San Antonio Water System, San Antonio , Manager - Distribution & Collection Operations (Line Cleaning and Televising), Executive , San Antonio, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!