Experienced Product Data Management Specialist
Location: San Antonio
Posted on: August 18, 2019
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect,
explore and inspire. From the sea bed to outer space, youll learn
and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your
future with us.
Come join Boeing Commercial Derivative Airplanes in San Antonio and
the unique opportunity to work on the next generation Presidential
Aircraft (VC-25B). At Boeing, our engineers use their expertise to
create innovative next generation capabilities for a wide variety
of amazing aerospace platforms and products. In joining this
program, you will be part of an outstanding team of technical
designers & engineers making history as we shape this one of a kind
next generation Aircraft.
The Commercial Derivative Aircraft (CDA) business unit is seeking a
VC-25B Product Data Management Specialist to lead the Data
Management group within the Systems Engineering and Integration
Team (SEIT). The Data Management lead role involves managing and
reporting the execution of data items and deliverables, both to our
customer and from suppliers. It involves regularly working and
interacting with the program teams, various customers and/or
suppliers in support of this. This position is located in San
Responsibilities include, however are not limited to the
- Leading the Preparation, review, validation and release of
Product Definition design and deliverables in support of the
various program teams.
- Performing and guiding others in performing non-technical
checks of engineering Production Definition data, documentation
drawings/other data to verify that the data meets design standards,
contract, procedural and system requirements.
- Interacting with multiple disciplines, teams, suppliers and/or
- Leading the scheduling, tracking, review, release and delivery
of Contract Deliverables (CDRL) in support of the various program
- Verification/support of completed data deliveries, customer
acceptance and follow on actions.
- Assisting in reconciling discrepancies by coordinating with
affected organizations including Integrated Product Teams including
design, support, production operations, suppliers and/or
- Participates in the development of product definition data
requirements, the corresponding tracking/verification of compliance
to those requirements as well as the resolution of any associated
- Management and configuration control of program data utilizing
the ENOVIA, IPDM, PIMS, Mentor Capital, CSDT Tool, MEARS and other
- Leading development of document data requirements, engineering
release unit and/or data management process improvement
- Interpretation of contractual data requirements to ensure
- Maintaining delivery schedules for contractual/other program
- Collecting information to develop engineering release metrics
for providing visibility of performance.
- Participating in the identification of applicable internal
standards, government and industry standards that are necessary to
produce compliant data products/deliverables.Work
This position requires an active (or ability to obtain) U.S.
Security Clearance, for which the US Government requires US
US Ability to obtain Final Clearances (Pre-Start)
Basic Qualifications (Required):
- Experience leading or implementing data management in support
of a program/project
- Experience implementing data deliveries with customers and/or
- Expertise in data management concepts, metrics and
- Experience using a product lifecycle / data management tool
suiteBDS experience preferred but not required:
- Experience with IPDM, PIMS, CSDT, MEARS and other data
- Previous experience leading data management groups on other
programsRelocation Assistance Offered: YES
This position will be permanently based in San Antonio, TX.
Typical Education / Experience:
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced education
(e.g. Associate) and typically 6 or more years' related work
experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience
(e.g. Bachelor+4 years' related work experience, 8 years' related
work experience, etc.).
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and
employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids,
amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in
Keywords: Boeing, San Antonio , Experienced Product Data Management Specialist, Executive , San Antonio, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!