Director, Member Advocacy
Location: San Antonio
Posted on: September 14, 2019
Purpose of Job We are currently seeking talented Director, Member
Relations for our San Antonio, TX or Phoenix, AZ facilities. Leads
a team of Managers and Advocates who are tasked with ensuring
compliant complaint handling, at the highest level, to include
escalated and sensitive customer issues for USAA Bank. A strong
focus with deep business acumen on compliance and member experience
is required. Directs the Advocacy teams and processes within the
CoSA, dedicated to timely, accurate and appropriate responses to
complex issues identified through any channel and
consumer/regulatory complaints as well as communications addressed
to USAA's executive management group, Chairman and Board of
Directors. Stays abreast of industry issues and CoSA strategic plan
to evaluate responses and solutions to complex issues presented to
reflect the changing market/competitive conditions, while
maintaining compliance with policies, procedures, and regulations.
Oversees execution of process improvements, strategic planning and
organizational process change. Manages all departmental metrics and
dashboards. Job Requirements * Directs complex complaint resolution
and intake processes to ensure that appropriate KPIs and member
advocacy goals are met.
* Facilitates strategic and operational planning and implementation
processes to ensure that member relations advisors are
knowledgeable of processes, goals, objectives and strategies.
* Provides training for employees and oversees their development
and career progression.
* Monitors, coordinates, documents, and communicates progress
toward achievement of objectives, strategies, and action plan
* Communicates directly with members on escalated matters.
* Works directly with senior management to ensure consistent,
timely, accurate and appropriate handling of issues.
* Ensures that appropriate skill is used to respond on behalf of
USAA's executive management group regarding escalated
* Serves as a liaison to legal, compliance, risk, audit, supplier
governance, and lines of business operations to ensure internal and
external regulatory reporting requirements are maintained.
* Provides leadership and project support for operational and
business model changes that impact CEO Member Relations and related
* Participates in the planning and oversight of member relations
support at the Annual Members' Meeting.
* Serves as a Process owner for department and enterprise
* Manages metrics, provides insights and reporting on complaint
trends, including drafting white papers.
* Provides appropriate governance over Enterprise Complaints
* Provides direct oversight over audits, assessments, RCSA,
tracking project portfolio and quality assurance program. Minimum
Requirements * Bachelor's Degree OR 4 additional years of related
experience beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu
of a degree
* 8 or more relevant experience in a financial services operating
* 3 or more years management or leadership experience.
* 2 years of experience handling escalations and conflict
* Qualifications may warrant placement in a different job level.*
When you apply for this position, you will be required to answer
some initial questions. This will take approximately 5 minutes.
Once you begin the questions you will not be able to finish them at
a later time and you will not be able to change your responses.
Preferred * 3+ years complaints management experience that includes
the implementation of complex initiatives and development of
policies, procedures and training
* Proven experience collaborating with business partners and
leveraging complaints intelligence to identify emerging risks,
issues, and drive continuous improvements
* Demonstrated knowledge of the regulatory environment within the
financial services industry; OCC, FED, CFPB, FDIC
* 5+ years of large financial institution/retail banking
* Strong executive presence
* Selected candidates will attend and complete the Management
Development School program in San Antonio, TX, during their first
six months in position.* The above description reflects the details
considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job
and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the
work requirements that may be performed in the job. At USAA our
employees enjoy one of the best benefits packages in the business,
including a flexible business casual or casual dress environment,
comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness
and wealth building programs. Additionally, our career path
planning and continuing education will assist you with your
professional goals. USAA also offers a variety of on-site services
and conveniences to help you manage your work and personal life,
including seven cafeterias, two company stores and three fitness
centers. Relocation assistance is available for this position.
Keywords: USAA, San Antonio , Director, Member Advocacy, Executive , San Antonio, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!