Nurse Manager - Operating Room
Company: Methodist Hospital
Location: San Antonio
Posted on: October 13, 2019
Description SHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
Since opening in 1998 as the first and only hospital in SanAntonio
and South Texas designed and built just for children,
MethodistChildren s Hospital has set the standard for treating the
children of South andCentral Texas. The hospital continues to lead
the region in treating severelyill children, those with complex and
chronic medical diagnoses, by providingthe most sub-specialized
care available. Our new tower is part of a landmarkexpansion which
will increase the footprint of the Methodist Hospital campus
by445,000 square feet.
The new tower includes 150 rooms and a dedicated children simaging
department with new, state-of-the art technology. The 94-bed
neonatalintensive care unit, still the region s largest, has
board-certifiedneonatologists in-house 24/7 and is the city s only
Texas Department ofHealth-designated Level 4 neonatal intensive
care unit. The new tower alsoincludes 15 additional ER rooms,
bringing the total to 40. Methodist Children sHospital has been
nationally recognized by Leapfrog s Hospital Safety Grade A.
Formore information, please visit our website at and select
Methodist Children s Hospital under Locations.
We offer you a generousbenefits package including:
- Medical, Dental, disability and life insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Discount Program
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Student Loan Repayment ProgramWhy join the Methodist Children s
- Nationally recognized by Leapfrog s HospitalSafety Grade
- MCH is the city s only Texas Department ofHealth-designated
Level 4 neonatal intensive care unit.
- Among the nation s top three providers of bloodand marrow stem
cell and cord blood transplants for children.
- Has won the San Antonio Express-News People sChoice Award every
year since its inception and the NRC Consumer Choice Award adozen
times more than almost any other hospital organization in
- Received the Texas Award for PerformanceExcellence.
- Responsible to the Director, Vice President and/or the Chief
- Facilitate, coordinate and delegate the delivery of patient
care to a defined group of patients during their entire
- Responsible 24 hours a day for the staffing and management of
patient care in each of his/her units, for promoting the practice
of professional nursing in a specified patient care area, and for
the acquisition, development, and utilization of resources (human
and material) needed to fulfill those responsibilities.
- Works cooperatively with administrators, physicians, staff,
other managers and all customers of the Methodist Healthcare System
to provide services, which consistently meet and exceed the
expectations of their customers.
- Assess and prioritize opportunities to improve, plan and
implement effective changes and evaluate outcomes of process
- The Nurse Manager models behavior consistent with the MHS
management philosophy actively supports the Mission and Vision of
the MHS and effectively maintains the hospital s Standards of Care
and Practice.Qualifications Minimum Education and Experience:
Bachelor s degree in Nursing preferred, Master s degree highly
At least 3 years clinical acute care nursing experience. 1-year
management experience as full time or relief charge nurse, clinical
care manager, or Nursing Administrative Supervisor desirable.
Demonstrated leadership skills. Evidence of continued professional
development. Knowledge of Microsoft Office is preferable.
Minimum License Required:Current license to practice professional
nursing in the state of Texas.
Associated topics: admin, critical, critical care, director of
nursing, memory, nurse manager, nursing manager, rgn, services
Keywords: Methodist Hospital, San Antonio , Nurse Manager - Operating Room, Executive , San Antonio, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!