Nurse Manager - Women's Services
Company: Methodist Hospital
Location: San Antonio
Posted on: October 13, 2019
Description SHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
Methodist Hospital opened in1963 as the first hospital in the now
internationally acclaimed South TexasMedical Center. From the
beginning, we've recognized the unique needs of eachof our
patients. It's a process that we continue to improve on, creating
waysto better serve the community when they need us the most. With
981 beds, MethodistHospital offers a broad range of specialties
including cardiology, cancer care,bone marrow transplants,
emergency medicine, neurosciences, maternity care,gynecology and
As the flagship hospital ofthe Medical Center and of the Methodist
Healthcare system of hospitals, it hasbeen nationally recognized
by, accredited by the Joint Commission in strokecare, and
designated as an accredited Chest Pain Center. For more
information,please visit our website at and select
MethodistHospital under Locations.
Why join the Methodist Hospital team?
- Leapfrog s Hospital Safety Grade A.
- Most preferred hospital in San Antonio,as consistently reported
by the Consumer Research Corporation.
- Ranked No. 1 in the Express-NewsReader s Choice Awards from
- Texas Award for Performance Excellence.
- Member of the Sarah Cannon Network ofExcellence, committed to
advancing science and transforming cancer care.
- First and only hospital in San Antoniowith an International
- Houses San Antonio s largest hyperbaricchamber.
- Interesting fact: World s firstnuclear disaster proof
hospital.Weoffer you a generous benefits package including:Medical,
Dental, disability and lifeinsuranceFlexible Spending AccountsPaid
Time OffEmployee Discount ProgramEmployee Stock Purchase
ProgramTuition ReimbursementStudent Loan Repayment Program
- Responsible to the Director, Vice President and/or the Chief
- Facilitate, coordinate and delegate the delivery of patient
care to a defined group of patients during their entire
- Responsible 24 hours a day for the staffing and management of
patient care in each of his/her units, for promoting the practice
of professional nursing in a specified patient care area, and for
the acquisition, development, and utilization of resources (human
and material) needed to fulfill those responsibilities.
- Works cooperatively with administrators, physicians, staff,
other managers and all customers of the Methodist Healthcare System
to provide services, which consistently meet and exceed the
expectations of their customers.
- Assess and prioritize opportunities to improve, plan and
implement effective changes and evaluate outcomes of process
- The Nurse Manager models behavior consistent with the MHS
management philosophy actively supports the Mission and Vision of
the MHS and effectively maintains the hospital s Standards of Care
and Practice.Qualifications Minimum Education and Experience:
Bachelor s degree in Nursing preferred, Master s degree highly
At least 3 years clinical acute care nursing experience. 1-year
management experience as full time or relief charge nurse, clinical
care manager, or Nursing Administrative Supervisor desirable.
Demonstrated leadership skills. Evidence of continued professional
development. Knowledge of Microsoft Office is preferable.
Minimum License Required:Current license to practice professional
nursing in the state of Texas.
Associated topics: admin, care manager, chief, deputy, director of
nursing, line, manager, nmh, nursing manager, services manager
Keywords: Methodist Hospital, San Antonio , Nurse Manager - Women's Services, Executive , San Antonio, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!