Windows Enterprise Support Engineer - Government Services
Location: San Antonio
Posted on: February 15, 2019
Rackspace is currently looking for outstanding Windows Enterprise Support Engineers (ESE) in our Government Services department in one of our office locations in Texas or Virginia.
The Rackspace Windows ESE is involved in supporting Enterprise level Government customers and their global enterprise operations all of which are hosted at Rackspace data centers around the world. An ESE will understand the customer's business and infrastructure needs by working as an extension of the customer's IT team. As an ESE you will gain an in depth knowledge of their business and be able to recommend solutions that best fit their needs utilizing cutting edge technology. Rackspace's unique culture allows Rackers to grow and develop technically while working at a company that encourages creativity, mentoring, and knowledge sharing.
In this role you will:
- Apply creative problem-solving techniques to identify the source of problems; while at the same time keeping the customer aware of every step along the way via the ticketing system
- Expected to advise on potential pitfalls that a customer may experience, using existing or planned methods, and suggest alternatives that may better serve the stability and security of the customer's solution
- Proposes and implements system enhancements (software and hardware updates) that will improve the performance and reliability of the system
- Manages the load configuration of a central data communication processor and makes recommendations for purchase or upgrade of data networks
- Coordinates terminal orders, network system planning, upgrading, monitoring, testing, and servicing
- Defines, designs, and implements network communications and solutions using the Windows system
- Responsible for solving customer's technical issues which can include OS level, webserver, database server, applications server, DNS, SMTP, or other software issues.
- Expert troubleshooting of the Windows OS, IIS, SQL, and automation:
- Windows Operating System
- IIS web servers
- MS SQL database servers
- Scripting languages and dev experience
- Storage Technology: SAN, NAS, DAS, NetApp
- Applications Servers
- Mail (Mail Transfer Agents)
- High Availability (HA)
- Networking Skills - Routing, Switching, Firewalls, Security, Load Balancing
- Virtualization - VMWare
- Provides consulting service to customer on building solutions to meet customer needs
- Responsible for technical aspect of customer visits both in the office and at customer locations, includes presentations
- Ensures customer satisfaction with follow ups
- Handles level-appropriate customer support requests via the ticket system
- Creates and maintains customer loyalty by serving customers above and beyond their expectations
- Exercises judgment in decision-making in order to routinely deliver FANATICAL customer support
- Due to the 24x7x365 operations of the business, must be able to work a flexible work schedule, may include nights, weekends, holidays, etc.
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- 5+ years of hosting experience involving IIS and Microsoft SQL environments
- 5+ years of customer support experience
- Experience with Highly Available Windows Clusters
- Microsoft Certifications are highly preferred
- Advanced understanding of firewalls and load balancers is a plus.
- Must be able to pass a Public Trust background check at hire.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen.
- May require further DOD security clearance.
Keywords: Rackspace, San Antonio , Windows Enterprise Support Engineer - Government Services, Government & Protective Services , San Antonio, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!