Registered Nurse (RN) - Psychiatric ICU PRN
Company: Methodist Hospital Specialty and Transplant
Location: San Antonio
Posted on: October 19, 2020
SCHEDULE: PRN/Per Diem
Here at Methodist Healthcare, our everyday decisions are founded on
compassion. Apply today and join a team that is dedicated to
serving others in need.
We want to ensure your needs are met. We offer a variety of
comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans along with some
unique benefits including:
* Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs
* Paid Time Off
* Flexible Spending Accounts
* Moving, mortgage, and real estate assistance
* 100% matching 401k based on years of service
* Identity Theft Protection discounts
* Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
* Adoption Assistance
* Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
Our Registered Nurses have access to a variety of resources to help
you reach your goals including:
* A comprehensive orientation process
* Valuable mentorship from specialty specific educators
* Leadership development programs
* State-of-the-art units equipped with the latest technologies in
What You Will Do In Your Role:
* You will consistently apply the nursing process, critical
thinking skills, scientific judgment, technical skills and
leadership to independently deliver safe nursing care to
* You will collaborate with the patient care team to achieve
quality patient outcomes
* You will provide communication, confidence, and professionalism
as evidenced by active engagement in unit and organizational
* You will demonstrate teamwork, adaptability, and serving as a
resource to the patient care team
* You will have accountability for delivering quality nursing care
services and for promoting a positive image of nursing.
What qualifications you will need:
* Graduate of an accredited diploma, associates, or baccalaureate
degree registered nursing program. If you have a Bachelor of
Science in Nursing (BSN preferred) and/or certification in your
specialty area you will be considered more highly qualified and
eligible for our RN III or IV positions
* Minimum of six (6) months of clinical experience as a licensed
* Current Registered Nurse License in the State of Texas or
Multi-State Compact License (Employees with RN Compact License are
required to obtain Texas RN License within 90 days of hire
* Current American Heart Association BLS Certification ACLS
We are seeking Psychiatric Nurses for Methodist Hospital Specialty
and Transplant to ensure we continue to provide all patients with
high quality, efficient care. We are an amazing team that works
hard to support each other and are seeking a phenomenal addition
like you who feels patient care is as meaningful as we do. We want
you to apply now!
Our Psych Unit offers:
A chance to work in a dedicated 76 Bed Unit area within our
Specialty and Transplant Hospital.
* We are the largest Behavioral Health unit In San Antonio.
* We have some of the lowest Turnover rate within our hospital.
* We have a culture of safety.
* We have primary care nursing as opposed to one charge nurse and a
medication nurse as many freestanding facilities.
* Our ratios are better, usually running 6-8 patients per nurse
with a dedicated tech on the floor.
* We have a streamlined BERT team to respond to codes for
aggression as well as security on site if needed.
Methodist Hospital Specialty and Transplant has been nationally
recognized for its record setting kidney, liver and pancreas
transplant programs. It is home to the Texas Transplant Institute
and is the largest living donor kidney transplant program in the
US. According to the United Network of Organ Sharing database, the
center reached a major milestone in 2019 by performing 231 living
donor kidney transplants in a single year setting a new national
record - that's 65 more transplants than the second center on the
In addition to transplant care, Methodist Hospital Specialty and
Transplant is a full service hospital with over 260 beds that
provides specialized services for liver cancer care, emergency
care, weight loss surgery, urology surgery, vascular surgery,
inpatient rehabilitation, colorectal surgery and behavioral health
care. It is a designated Center of Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery
Excellence by the American Society for Bariatric Surgery. Our
Sexual Assault Response Team provides a compassionate environment
for sexual assault survivors ages 13+, serving as a model for
hospitals and agencies all over the world. Methodist Hospital
Specialty and Transplant prides itself on providing the highest
quality of patient care possible as proven by their consecutive
Grade A scores from the Leapfrog's Hospital Safety Grade survey and
ranking in the nation's top quartile for patient experience. For
more information, please visit our website at www.sahealth.com and
select Methodist Hospital Specialty and Transplant under
If you find this opportunity compelling, we encourage you to apply.
We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates
will be directly contacted by a member of our team. We are actively
interviewing so apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our
company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion,
color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital
status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next
possibility within your career and we take your candidate
experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no
recruiter or employee will request financial or personal
information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank
information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not
email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If
you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us
know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please
contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Keywords: Methodist Hospital Specialty and Transplant, San Antonio , Registered Nurse (RN) - Psychiatric ICU PRN, Healthcare , San Antonio, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!