Physician / Pediatrics / Texas / Permanent / Physician Assistant - Psy
Company: Kurz Solutions
Location: San Antonio
Posted on: January 15, 2021
Psychiatric Physician Assistant
On the Southwest Riviera...
The Community - San Antonio, TX
San Antonio may have an incredibly rich history, but it's also a
destination rife with exciting new developments and attractions.
One major new draw is the redevelopment of the legendary Pearl
Brewery into a hip and artsy Urban Village along a newly completed
extension of the enchanting River Walk - this bustling,
eco-friendly complex includes shops, restaurants, entertainment and
residences. Farther north along the river, the very first public
golf venue in Texas, Brackenridge Golf Course, completed a stunning
$4.6 million refurbishment in 2009, and in arts news, the
prestigious McNay Art Museum nearly doubled in size with the
opening of a dramatic new wing done in modernist style. With swank,
see-and-be-seen restaurants, shops, and nightspots opening around
the city, San Antonio has plenty to offer both new and repeat
Job Description (includes but is not limited to):
To provide short-term, face-to-face therapeutic assessments with
the intent to provide medication management ONLY. Some of the most
common issues the NP or PA address are (but not limited to):
drug/alcohol abuse and dependency, depression, anxiety,
stress/tension, grief, PTSD and suicidal ideation. Shall provide
quality medication management and crisis medication management to
clients as they present for services. Administrative and
Professional services include, scheduling follow-up visits and
maintaining appropriate clinical notes of each session as
- Provides psychiatric nursing care as a case manager as the
liaison and advocate for patients by assisting in coordinating
continuing care for those with acute and chronic psychiatric
- Participates as a member of the Department of Behavioral
Medicine, Psychiatry Service within the context of a
multidisciplinary team that coordinates care for psychiatric
patients. Activities include, but are not limited to, the
- Assist patients/family members in accessing the appropriate
level of psychiatric problems.
- Collaborate with families, case managers, discharge planning
and multidisciplinary team to ensure appropriate utilization of
health care resources.
- Performs direct patient care to include:
- Conducting psychiatric triage; performing
psychiatric-assessments to determine appropriate diagnostic impress
according to current guidance.
- Determine appropriate patient disposition (admission or
outpatient care); educating patients and family members, and
significant others about the illness/condition, medication, and
- Administering prescribed medications; facilitating groups; and
providing patient counseling.Qualifications
- Current active unencumbered license from any state or territory
of the United States.
- Have and maintain current certification in Basic Cardiac Life
Support (BCLS) by the American Heart Association.
- Initial Assessment with Medication Management Follow-up
- CISD Certified a Plus
- Contract Psychiatric Nurse must have successfully completed
competency-based training on the following tasks:
- Application and use of restraints
- Performing Mental Status Exams
- Conducting community meetings
- Facilitating task and education groups
- Co-facilitating group therapy
- Performing Special Watch Procedures
- Pass the NLN Psychiatric Medication Test with a minimum score
of 80 percent.
- Possess the knowledge and actions and dosages of most commonly
used psychotropic medications.
- Minimum of one year of experience within the last three years
caring for psychiatric patients.
- Must have sufficient training and experience to effectively
provide psychological services for patients and family members as
it relates to the practice of clinical/counseling psychology and
clinical/behavioral health psychology.
KurzSolutions is committed to improving health outcomes by
providing well-managed companies with the top healthcare talent in
Keywords: Kurz Solutions, San Antonio , Physician / Pediatrics / Texas / Permanent / Physician Assistant - Psy, Healthcare , San Antonio, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!