Physician / Psychiatry / Texas / Permanent / MD/DO - Tele-Psychiatrist
Company: Kurz Solutions
Location: San Antonio
Posted on: January 15, 2021
MD/DO - Tele-Psychiatrist
On the Southwest Riviera...
The Setting - San Antonio, TX
San Antonio may have an incredibly rich history, but it's also a
destination rife with exciting new developments and attractions.
One major new draw is the redevelopment of the legendary Pearl
Brewery into a hip and artsy Urban Village along a newly completed
extension of the enchanting River Walk - this bustling,
eco-friendly complex includes shops, restaurants, entertainment and
residences. Farther north along the river, the very first public
golf venue in Texas, Brackenridge Golf Course, completed a stunning
$4.6 million refurbishment in 2009, and in arts news, the
prestigious McNay Art Museum nearly doubled in size with the
opening of a dramatic new wing done in modernist style. With swank,
see-and-be-seen restaurants, shops, and nightspots opening around
the city, San Antonio has plenty to offer both new and repeat
Lackland Air Force Base
The Lackland Air Force Base in San Antonio, Texas provides basic
military training for Air Force recruits. Lackland Air Force Base
also lays claim to the Inter-American Air Forces Academy, the
Defense Language Institute English Language Center and Wilford Hall
Medical Center, the Air Force's largest medical facility.
Originally known as the San Antonio Aviation Cadet Center, Lackland
Air Force Base was created from a section of Kelly Field in 1942.
Construction on Lackland Air Force Base began in 1941, and it was
originally part of Kelly Field. One year later, it became an
independent organization--the San Antonio Aviation Cadet Center. In
1948, the facility was named Lackland AFB after Brigadier General
REQUIREMENTS (duties include but are not limited to)
- Examines, evaluates, diagnoses, and treats psychiatric
- Prepares and reviews case histories and obtains and evaluates
data through interview techniques.
- Diagnoses psychiatric disorders.
- Prescribes and evaluates effectiveness of a wide range of
- Recommends disposition of psychiatric cases.
- Advises on problems related to mental health and prevention of
- Serves as medical and psychiatric consultant to clinical
psychologists and clinical social workers.
- Advises on kind and quantity of psychiatric supplies and
- Coordinates psychiatric services with other medical
- Instructs interns and residents in psychiatric principles and
- Will provide a minimum of 50% of clinical time to
tele-psychiatry support across the Air Force Medical Service.
Depending on Air Force mission requirements, this tele-psychiatry
support could be expected to exceed 80% when covering for active
duty psychiatry delpoyments. QUALIFICATIONS
- At Least 24 months of experience in the last 36 months.
- Current board certification by the American Board of Psychiatry
- Completion of residency or fellowship in psychiatry.
- Current and Maintain Basic Life Support (BLS) certification
approved by the American Heart Association (AHA).
- Possess current unrestricted license in one of the fifty
states, the District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico,
Guam, or the U.S. Virgin Islands.
KurzSolutions is committed to improving health outcomes by
providing well-managed companies with the top healthcare talent in
Keywords: Kurz Solutions, San Antonio , Physician / Psychiatry / Texas / Permanent / MD/DO - Tele-Psychiatrist, Healthcare , San Antonio, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!