PRN - LVN - (Multiple Locations ) San Antonio, TX 78228
Company: New Season
Location: San Antonio
Posted on: April 8, 2021
Addiction Medicine opening in San Antonio, Texas. This and other
lpn/lvn jobs brought to you by NursingJobCafe.com Are you looking
for a change? Would you like to make a positive impact in the
community? New Season is looking for dedicated professionals
passionate about the opioid and heroin epidemic.For over 30 years,
New Season Treatment Centers have been a leading national health
care service provider of outpatient treatment centers that
specialize in providing safe, quality and best in class care for
individuals living with Opioid Use Disorder ("OUD").Operating in
over 70 treatment centers in multiple states, our team members are
engaged in medication-assisted treatment, counseling, support, and
care management of individuals living with OUD. We treat the whole
person and, in so doing, address the underlying causes of OUD in an
effort to provide a continuum of care that not only addresses
treatment needs but supports the patient on their journey to
Job Summary:Under the direction and supervision of the Medical
Director or Registered Nurse for medical matters and under the
direction of the Program Director for administrative matters
participates in the promotion and restoration of patients' health,
collaborates with physicians and multidisciplinary team members,
and provides support to patients.Essential Functions:
- Supplies and administers medication pursuant to physician order
and, records dosage administered in the medical record.
- Conducts an actual sight and counts inventory of the medication
- Maintains absolute accuracy in daily accounting of medication
that is supplied or administered in inventory.
- Assumes responsibility for safeguarding medication
- Collects fees in the absence of a cashier position.
- Performs daily cash reconciliation in the absence of a cashier
position; ensures all cash collected is given to the Program
Director daily so the final count can be completed.
- Receives and ensures the accuracy of incoming medication
shipments; advises necessary staff of any discrepancies in a timely
- Ensures disposal of medical waste through the proper
- Observes patient's demeanor prior to dosing and seeks guidance
from the Medical Director or Registered Nurse when an issue or
concern is noted.
- Promptly communicates patient issues or concerns to the Medical
Director or Registered Nurse for medical matters and to the Program
Director for other matters. The former includes but is not limited
to dose requests, behavior, or any other aspect of patient care
that may need to be addressed.
- Contacts other centers to verify dosages as needed.
- Administers appropriate lab tests as required including patient
vital signs, TB tests when required, and collects data for review
by Medical Director or RN.
- Schedules and screens patients to be seen by the Medical
- Assists the Medical Director in collecting data for the history
and physical as required.
- Makes medical record entries as directed by the Medical
Director or RN and consistent with clinic protocol.
- Receives medical orders; ensures that medical orders are
documented and signed by the physician and ensures orders are
understood by Program Director and other staff members as
- Maintains absolute control, tracking, and confidentiality of
all patient medical paperwork.
- Complies with federal and state privacy rules, including 42 CFR
Part 2 and 45 CFR Parts 160 and 164 as well as applicable clinic
policies and procedures.
- Is responsible for obtaining and maintaining proper licensure
and/or certification according to specific state requirements.
- Actively participates in CARF preparation and state audit
- Participates in all staff meetings.
- Complies with all Local, State, Federal, and Colonial
Management Group, LP rules, regulations, and policies.
- Acts always in the best interest of patients, the program, and
company; honors, supports, and protects the proprietary rights of
patients and the company.
- Interfaces with the public and patients by answering phones,
greeting visitors, and monitoring patient activities while on
center premises.Other ResponsibilitiesFor Minnesota staff only:
responsible for satisfying Freedom from Chemical Use
ProblemsSupervisory Responsibilities:(Scope of the person's
authority, including a list of jobs that report to this
job).NoneEssential Qualifications:(To perform this job
successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential
duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are
representative of the competencies (minimum knowledge, skill, and
ability) required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
functions).Education/Licensure/Certification: Active nursing
license in the state in which the clinic is located.
Must have a valid Texas LVN or LPN
Required Knowledge: Understanding of opiate addiction, medical
terminology General nursing knowledge, and techniques. Basic
mathematics skills. Must be computer literate and have basic
knowledge of all Microsoft products including Word, Outlook, and
Excel. Must have basic typing skills. Experience Required: Minimum
of 1-year direct patient contact. Prior experience in the clinical
environment is helpful.Skill and Ability: Must possess excellent
customer service and interpersonal skills. Must have great
attention to detail and be extremely accurate in performing daily
functions.Physical Demands/Work Environment:(The physical demands
and work environment characteristics described here are
representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
Facebook Page: Website: www.newseason.com
EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled Keyphrases: addiction
medicine jobs, addiction rehabilitation jobs, addiction therapist
jobs, addiction therapy jobs, addiction psychiatrist jobs,
addiction treatment jobs, substance abuse treatment jobs, substance
abuse rehabilitation jobs, substance abuse intervention jobs,
juvenile substance abuse jobs
Keywords: New Season, San Antonio , PRN - LVN - (Multiple Locations ) San Antonio, TX 78228, Healthcare , San Antonio, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!