LVN-Licensed Vocational Nurse
Company: Ahrc Suffolk
Location: San Antonio
Posted on: January 16, 2022
The Licensed Vocational Nurse is responsible for delivering quality
general/psychiatric nursing care to patients who are hospitalized
for treatment of psychiatric or emotional disorders, support the
hospital and program philosophy of care and to ensure the safety
and well-being of each patient.
- Monitor the health and well-being of medical and/or non-medical
tasks of the Child, Adolescent and Adult for a given shift.
- Helps with the guidance of non-professional personnel in
observing individuals for changes in conditions or behavior and
reporting these changes to the charge nurse (RN).
- Provides prescribed medical treatment to individuals.
- Displays basic knowledge of treatment procedures and
interventions common to acute psychotic as well as non-violent
crises intervention practice.
- Basic knowledge of abnormal psychology as typically found in
the child or adolescent psychiatric population, application of this
knowledge to child, adolescent or adult knowledge of medical
terminology, especially those terms associated with child,
adolescent or adult psychiatric care.
- Familiarity of psychopharmacy and the use of psychotropic
medications with child, adolescent or adult psychiatric
- Performs other related duties as assigned by professional
Education and/or Licensure ADN/BSN or equivalent. Must possess
current LVN licensure in the State of Texas by the Nursing Board.
Must possess or obtain a valid CPR certification and SAMA training
within 30 days of hire.
Additional Requirements None
Experience None required. Prior psychiatric healthcare experience
Knowledge Skills And Abilities
- Must be able to concentrate on work amidst distractions such as
noise, conversations and foot traffic; must be able to consistently
meet deadlines; and finish all food preparation at specified
serving time; must be flexible in work hours in order to meet
patient and organization operating needs.
- Must maintain self-control in volatile or hostile customer
- High school level reading and writing skills; acceptable oral
and written communication skills along with legible
- Customer service skills in face to face interactions with
dealing courteously with patients, the public, and other staff
within the organization.
- Use of appropriate social skills, including demonstration and
respect for patients and staff; empathy toward patients; skills in
teaching or assisting with activities of daily living helpful.
- Must be able to work independently, in a result restricted
physical environment for extended periods of time.
- Skill to independently interpret reference materials to comply
with law, rules, regulations, policies, procedures, etc.
- Ability to apply time management practices to prioritize,
schedule and complete work effectively to comply with mandated
policies and deadlines.
- Ability to work on multiple tasks or parts of tasks
simultaneously to ensure timely completion of work activities.
Physical Requirements/Environmental Conditions
Perform the following with or without reasonable
- Ability to stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, reach, stand, walk,
push, pull, lift, grasp, and be able to perceive the attributes of
objects such as size, shape, temperature, and/or texture by
touching with skin, particularly that of the fingertips.
- Ability to express and exchange ideas via spoken word during
activities in which they must convey detail or important spoken
instructions to others accurately, sometimes quickly and
- Hearing to perceive the nature of sound with no less than 40 db
loss @ Hz, 1000 Hz, and 2000 Hz with or without correction; ability
to perceive detailed information orally and make fine
discriminations in sound.
- Perform repetitive motions with wrists, hands, and fingers.
Individual must be able to exert up to 100 pounds of force
occasionally and to be able to lift, carry, push, pull, or
otherwise move objects.
- Light work most of the time, exerting up to 20 pounds of force
occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently; and
occasionally medium work, that is exerting up to 50 pounds of force
occasionally, and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently.
- Work requires a minimum standard of visual acuity with or
without correction that will enable people in the role to complete
administrative and clerical tasks, as well as inspect and
- Must be able to work and concentrate amidst distractions such
as noise, conversation and foot traffic; ability to handle
interruptions often and be able to move from one task to
- While worker may possibly be subjected to temperature changes,
the worker is generally not substantially exposed to adverse
environmental conditions as the work is predominantly inside.by
Keywords: Ahrc Suffolk, San Antonio , LVN-Licensed Vocational Nurse, Healthcare , San Antonio, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!