Occupational Medicine Opportunity in Texas
Company: Necnic Group
Location: San Antonio
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Occupational Medicine opening in San Antonio, Texas. This and
other physician jobs brought to you by DocCafe.com
Occupational Health Physician
Location: San Antonio
Duration: Asap - through Sept 30, 2021 with possible extension
Any state license
Site: US Army Occupational Health Clinic
Hours of Operation: Typical hours of operation for Occupational
Health is 7:30 AM to 4:30 PM Monday through Friday (Work eight
hours per day with a one-hour lunch break)
Board Certification: Emergency Medicine, Occupational Medicine,
Preventive Medicine, Primary Care or Acute Care specialties all
* Maintains the medical examination program, which includes
pre-employment /in processing evaluations, baseline health
examinations, periodic non-occupational and occupational medical
surveillance, pre-travel examinations and administrative
examinations, such as fitness-for-duty, return to work, short and
long term disability and disability retirement examinations.
* Performs pre-placement evaluations from a standpoint of
prevention of occupational injuries and illnesses including the
detection of pre-existing conditions that might be aggravated by a
particular assignment and to determine whether the individual is
physically, mentally, and emotionally capable of performing a
particular job or assignment with an acceptable degree of
efficiency and without endangering their own health and safety or
that of their fellow employees.
* Evaluates individuals with disabilities to determine if they can
perform the essential job functions and makes recommendation for
* Designs and conducts a comprehensive program of occupational
medical surveillance examinations based on the real and potential
health hazards encountered in the workplace.
* Performs evaluations on individuals who have been absent from the
workplace for a specified period of time due to illness, injury, or
other reasons; for temporary or permanent reassignment; and for a
variety of other reasons to ensure they are physically and/or
emotionally fit for duty.
* Performs evaluations and provides medical preparations for
employees traveling to other parts of the world.
* Performs physical examinations/ evaluations; reviews laboratory
tests and x-ray findings appropriate to the various occupational
exposures encountered by employees; treating job-related injuries
and illnesses of the employees, and prescribes further care and
treatment or refers to local medical community as appropriate.
* Refers employees to their private health care provider for
follow-up or further evaluation of non job-related medical problems
encountered in the various physical examinations.
* Oversees the technical aspects of the Respiratory Protection
Program, Hearing Conservation Program and Vision Conservation
Program and local implementation of the MEDDAC Infection Control
and Bloodborne Pathogen Programs.
* Provides for reproductive hazard and pregnancy surveillance.
* Assures appropriate immunizations are provided employees
potentially exposed to infectious disease because of work
environment or required foreign travel.
* Conducts studies and surveys of work sites in coordination with
OH supervisory staff and Industrial Hygiene team.
* Five years of residency training or equivalent experience and
training in Occupational Medicine (i.e., three years Residency and
two years fellowship and/or experience).
* Resume must reflect sufficient level of expertise in Occupational
Medicine to perform the core responsibilities: Providing
comprehensive occupational medicine consultations, evaluations and
treatment both initial and follow-up of work-related injuries or
* Education/Degree: Doctor of Medicine, Doctor of Osteopathic
Medicine or equivalent from a school in the United States or
Canada. This degree must have been accredited by the Council on
Medical Education of the American Medical Association, Association
of American Colleges. Liaison Committee on Medical Education,
Commission on Osteopathic College of Accreditation on the American
Osteopathic Association or an accrediting body recognized by the
U.S. Department of Education at the time the degree was
* Degree from Foreign Medical School: A Doctor of Medicine or
equivalent degree from a foreign medical school must provide
education and medical knowledge equivalent to accredited schools in
the United States. Evidence of equivalency to accredited schools in
the United States is demonstrated by permanent certification by the
Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (external
link), a fifth pathway certificate for Americans who completed
premedical education in the United States and graduate education in
a foreign country, or successful completion of the U.S. Medical
* Licensure: The contractor must possess a current, active, full,
and unrestricted license or registration as a Physician from a
State, the District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico,
or a territory of the United States.
* Board Certification: Board Certified in Emergency Medicine,
Occupational Medicine, or other Acute Care Specialty.
* BLS: Have and maintain a current American Red Cross or American
Heart Association Basic Life Support (BLS) Certification.
* COVID-19 Test: Not more than 7 calendar days prior to start of
performance, the Physician shall have a COVID-19 test performed.
Negative result is required.
Knowledge and Skills:
* Conduct Occupational Health Program medical examinations for
pre-employment, fitness for duty, medical surveillance, special
duty certification, job certification requirements, and more.
* Serve as an occupational medicine consultant regarding hazardous
conditions or exposures, interpretation of medically related
regulations, occupation exposures to infectious agents, etc.
* Provide comprehensive occupational medicine evaluation and
management of workers to include consultations, diagnosis,
treatment and prevention planning for those at risk for
occupational and environmental disease conditions.
* Exercise clinical knowledge and skills to provide medical care to
employees suffering from occupationally injury or disease as well
as follow-up medical care.
* Interpret ancillary test results for evidence of possible
occupational disease or confounding personal health conditions.
* Exercise clinical knowledge to order clinical lab studies based
upon toxicological knowledge of environmental hazards and the
practice of occupational medicine.
* Must be able to read, write and speak English well enough to
effectively communicate to donors and staff.
Keyphrases: occupational medicine jobs, occupational health nurse
jobs, occupational health jobs, occupational medicine specialist
Keywords: Necnic Group, San Antonio , Occupational Medicine Opportunity in Texas, Healthcare , San Antonio, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!