Cath Lab Register Nurse
Posted on: June 25, 2022
Why You'll Love This JobUnique healthcare company is seeking a
driven and dependable Cath Lab Register Nurse. This candidate
provides direct patient care to adults through geriatric patient
populations. Addresses the psychosocial, physical, and general
aspects of care related to the surgical environment. Communicates
with physician operator continuously and as needed about patient
condition. Assists with the maintenance of cath lab equipment and
inventory. Participates in performance improvement activities.
Assesses procedure room for equipment functioning and readiness,
obtains supplies for individual cases and ensures all appropriate
needs of the surgical operating team are met. Monitors, positions,
and assists patients during procedures. If you are ready to grow in
a fast-paced and rewarding career with a revolutionary company,
apply here today!Responsibilities
- Approaches patients in a kind, gentle and friendly manner.
- Administers sedation medication under the supervision and
direction of the physician operator.
- Responds to the patient's inappropriate behavior in a
- Takes appropriate actions and documents in response to
manifested anxiety or distress.
- Gives patient explanations and verbal reassurances
- Adapts nursing procedures to meet the needs for treatment of
individual adult and geriatric patients.
- Identifies physical symptoms and changes and takes appropriate
actions in a timely manner.
- Demonstrates ability to assess cardiorespiratory systems for
changes in adult to geriatric patients and treats
- Ability to adequately assess and reassess pain. Utilizes
appropriate pain management techniques. Educates the patient and
family regarding pain management.
- Performs all aspects of patient care in an environment that
optimizes patient safety and reduces the likelihood of
medical/health care errors.
- Supports and maintains a culture of safety and quality.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the principles of growth and
development over the life span and the skills necessary to provide
age-appropriate care to the patient population served.
- Able to interpret data about the patient's status in order to
identify each patient's age-specific needs and provide the care
needed by the patient group.
- Directs and assists in maintenance and handling of special
equipment and instruments.Skills & QualificationsRegulatory
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
- Current Registered Nurse licensure in the State of Texas
- Current BLS certification.
- Current ACLS.
- Minimum of one (1) year of work experience in the cath lab or
ICU or PACU.
- Able to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and
- Additional languages preferred.
- Basic computer knowledge.
- For physical demands of the position, including vision,
hearing, repetitive motion, and environment, see the following
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals
with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the
position without compromising patient care.
Keywords: WoundCentrics, San Antonio , Cath Lab Register Nurse, Healthcare , Seguin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!