Registered Nurse (Internal Medicine) - Med Surg
Company: Platinum Business Corporation
Location: San Antonio
Posted on: September 24, 2022
Registered Nurse (Internal Medicine)Internal Medicine Registered
Lackland AFB, San Antonio, TX
Salary Excellent Compensation
Outstanding Full Time position for an Internal Medicine Registered
Nurse Opportunity at Lackland AFB in San Antonio, TX!
Elevate your career and apply for our Internal Medicine Registered
Nurse Opportunity in support of Lackland AFB!
Education: Associates Degree in Nursing (ADN) or Bachelors of
Science in Nursing (BSN) required. Graduate from a college or
university accredited by National League for Nursing Accrediting
Commission (NLNAC), or The Commission on Collegiate Nursing
Certifications: Basic Life Support (BLS)
Licensure: Current, full, active, and unrestricted license to
practice as a Registered Nurse.
Requirements: Must be a U.S citizen and have the ability to pass a
background check/security clearance.
Experience: 1) Minimum 36 months of clinical nursing experience in
Internal Medicine (or equivalent).
2) Telehealth Nursing: At least three years of clinical experience
in various settings who have demonstrated appropriate knowledge and
skills necessary to provide safe and effective telehealth nursing
care and service.
Duties: *Please Note: A detailed Statement of Work will be provided
prior to coordination of a formal interview. The Statement of Work
would be specific to the Clinical Department requesting these
services. The HCW shall provide services within the scope of the
clinical privileges granted by the commanding officer, the
applicable duties provided in the basic contract.
The primary purpose of this position is to provide comprehensive
professional clinical and preventive nursing care to patients in an
outpatient clinic within a Military Treatment Facility (MTF) in
support of primary care operations. Primary duties involve managing
a patient population, in collaboration with credentialed provider
team, ranging from wellness to illness within an ambulatory care
setting. Also to include, but not limited to, the following:
Telehealth Nursing/Telephone Triage:
* Provides professional nursing care through the delivery,
management, and coordination of care and services in a clinic
setting through face-to-face encounters or via telecommunications
technology (telehealth/virtual nursing) by performing nursing
triage to determine the appropriate level of care, and home care
advice which may be considered part of the triage process.
* Excellent oral communication skills for patient/family education
and telephone triage of patients. Telephone and in-person
assessment/evaluation includes the determination of optimal time
and location for patient management (ER, Clinic, home care) and
follow-up care as required. Prescribes and communicates treatment
plans and patient teaching in accordance with established
* Conducts immediate evaluation and management of emergency
problems as they occur. Follows evidence-based protocols using
analytical thinking and critical nursing judgment to individualize
instructions to meet each beneficiarys needs and evaluates their
Assessment/Treatment Room Nursing:
* Administer medications, wound care, and numerous other
* Recognize adverse signs and symptoms and quickly react in
* Provides clinical oversight of all paraprofessionals involved in
the provision of therapeutic treatments.
* Performs/assists with procedures, such as urinary
catheterizations, visual acuity tests, Electrocardiography
(ECG/EKG), blood glucose monitoring, pulse oximetry, oxygen
administration, nebulization therapy/treatments, phlebotomy,
intramuscular/subcutaneous injections , irrigation of eyes and
ears, intravenous fluid therapy, wound care, and other clinic
specific procedures, in accordance with established protocols
* Skilled in setting up, operating, and monitoring specialized
medical equipment such as IV infusion pumps, cardiac monitoring
devices, EKG units, oxygen analyzers, nebulizers and other clinic
* Coordinate patient care in collaboration with a wide array of
healthcare professionals. Facilitate the achievement of optimal
outcomes in relation to clinical care, quality and cost
* Provide health promotions, counseling, and education
* Direct and supervise care provide by other healthcare
* Accountable for making patient care assignments based on the
scope of practice and skill level of assigned personnel.
* Communicate and collaborate with a diverse group of people for
the purpose of informing the healthcare team of plans/actions, for
teaching/education to benefit the patient/family and
* Within the scope of practice, develops and implements health
promotion, illness/injury prevention and therapeutic plans
congruent with the client's diagnosis, health care problem or need.
Provides developmentally appropriate anticipatory guidance
education, and counseling to patients and their families.
* Effectively communicates and collaborates with a diverse group of
people for the purpose of informing the healthcare team of
plans/actions, for teaching/education to benefit the patient/family
and organization. Effectively uses appropriate communication format
in addressing professional issues.
* Excellent written communication skills to perform accurate
documentation, both written and electronic, of all activity in
accordance with requirements. Ensures for proper documentation and
coding of procedures and treatments
* Make referral appointments and arrange specialty care as
* Coordinates patient care through a continuum and facilitates the
achievement of optimal outcomes in relation to care, quality and
* Provides team nursing coverage in the absence of other team
nurses within the same clinic.
* Ensures compliance with standards of care and practice in
accordance with all established policies, procedures, and
guidelines used in the medical treatment facility. Provides care
within ethical and legal boundaries.
* Serves and participates in committees, functions and other
meetings as directed. Provides relevant and timely information to
these groups, and assists with decision-making and process
improvement. Participates in customer service initiatives, and
medical readiness activities, designed to enhance health
* Completes orientation and competency verification programs in
accordance with (IAW) unit guidelines.
* Participates in the orientation and training of newly assigned
personnel, as appropriate.
* Encourages team building and enhances work knowledge by
cross-training/augmenting other units as appropriate.
* Ensures a safe work environment, employee safe work habits and
patient safety IAW regulatory agencies, infection control policies,
and process improvement initiatives.
* Obtains/maintains/documents professional Continuing Nursing
Education (CNE) to comply with licensure and AF requirements, MTF
initial and annual training requirements, and required
* Implements evidence-based findings into daily practice,
processes, and policies
* Participates in/attends, but not limited to, mandatory
organizational ancillary training programs; continuing educational
programs to update and/or maintain the knowledge and skills needed
to meet or enhance competency requirements; interdepartmental and
unit-level in-services/briefings; continuing quality (i.e., Trusted
Care, Team-STEPPS (Team Strategies and Tools to Enhance Performance
and Patient Safety)
* Participates in peer review activities
SCHEDULING AND STAFFING:
Duty Hours/Shifts: 8 hour -or- 10 hour shift between the hours of
0700-1730, Monday through Friday (not to exceed more than 40 hours
per week). May be required to work various shifts or augment
clinical nursing support during the absence of other team nurses
due to illness, leave or deployment. Not to exceed 80 hours per two
On-Call Hours: N/A
Overage Hours: N/A
Place of Performance: Medical Treatment Facility at SAMHS Market,
Joint Base San Antonio and Bulverde Clinic
Platinum Business Corporation provides experienced and committed
health care personnel and related health care services to the
federal government and private industry. EEO
Keywords: Platinum Business Corporation, San Antonio , Registered Nurse (Internal Medicine) - Med Surg, Healthcare , San Antonio, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!