Registered Nurse (RN) - Nurse Extern - $15-19 per hour
Company: Methodist Healthcare of San Antonio
Location: San Antonio
Posted on: November 26, 2022
Methodist Healthcare of San Antonio is seeking a Registered
Nurse (RN) Nurse Extern for a nursing job in San Antonio, Texas.Job
Description & Requirements
- Specialty: Nurse Extern
- Discipline: RN
- Start Date: ASAP
- Duration: Ongoing
- Shift: days, flexible
- Employment Type: PermanentShift: Days > 10 Hrs/Wkends
RotateDescription Methodist Hospital- Specialty and
Transplant--Nurse Extern - PRN/Full Time/Part TimeDepartment--Do
you have a passion for healthcare and helping others? Do you enjoy
working in a fast-paced, patient-centered environment? Jump-start
your career in our Resource department. Submit your application
today! --Benefits: We offer you an excellent total compensation
package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package
and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability
to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO,
medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition
reimbursement, employee discount program, employee stock purchase
program and student loan repayment. We would love to talk to you
about this fantastic opportunity.--Seeking a Nurse Extern that
delivers high quality, patient-centered care by performing a
variety of delegated basic patient care services related to common
nursing functions and activities of daily living. Under the
supervision of the registered nurse (RN), the Nurse Extern assists
the nursing staff in providing patient care in accordance with the
Nurse Extern's skills/training and the needs of the Department, and
consistently assists the patient care team with maintaining a
clean, well-organized, and safe patient care environment. The Nurse
Extern is currently enrolled and in good standing in an accredited
school of nursing and can perform higher-level procedures once
competency is achieved.--What you will do as a Nurse Extern:
- Participate in the implementation of nursing care plans by
performing direct and indirect patient care under the supervision
of the licensed nurse.
- Obtain and records initial and ongoing patient information
throughout the cycle of care, including admissions data, vital
signs, height and weight, blood pressure, oxygen saturation, blood
glucose levels, intake and output, and calorie counts.
- Document observations, interactions, patient responses to
performed activities, and any physical or behavioral changes at
time of occurrence. Reports observations of individual patients to
the RN/Team Leader.
- Assist with mobility by regular turning and positioning,
dangling, and ambulating patients. Assists with use of walkers,
crutches, canes, and wheelchairs. Transfers patients to and from
other units, departments, or entities. Assists with discharges.
Demonstrates proper body mechanics.
- Provide or assists with non-medicated support care, including
non-sterile dressing changes, skin protection, application of heat
or ice, oxygen delivery, and venous compression devices.
- Perform non-medicated support tasks, including oral suctioning,
enema, catheterization and foley catheter removal, drain
maintenance, and basic wound care. Increases variety and difficulty
of tasks as competency is verified through nursing program.
- Obtain or assists in the collection of specimens for diagnostic
or waived tests. Ensures accuracy of all labels and timely transfer
- Retrieve medication from pharmacy, storage room, or tube system
and delivers to licensed staff member as instructed.
- Assist with patient preparation for surgery or other
- Assist patients with activities of daily living to include
eating and drinking, bathing, shaving, oral care, grooming, and
elimination. Changes bed linens as needed.
- Perform hourly rounding and responds promptly to call lights
and patient requests. Strives to anticipate patient needs and
resolve them proactively.
- Follow patient and employee safety/security policies and
protocols, including hand hygiene, use of universal precautions,
use of personal protective equipment, and adherence to isolation
- Prepares and maintains clean, hazard-free patient rooms.
Empties trash and removes soiled linens.
- Assist with patient/family/caregiver learning needs, abilities
and readiness to learn. Identifies barriers to learning, such as
language or culture. Integrates this information into the patient's
plan of care.
- Translate complex medical terminology to ensure
patients/families/caregivers understand patient medical condition,
patient status, treatment plan, medications and possible side
effects, and follow-up measures.
- Educate patients/families/caregivers on healthy diet and
exercise, disease prevention, and/or lifestyle changes that may be
needed once a patient leaves the hospital. Prepares patients and
families/caregivers for future self-management.
- Provide teaching material as needed (pamphlets, video, etc.) to
enhance understanding. Documents each teaching episode.
- Assist with post-mortem care.
- Assist in the setup, removal, and cleaning of equipment.
Identifies malfunctioning equipment and initiates repairs.
- Methodist Healthcare of San Antonio Job ID #1-INFOR-195476. Pay
package is based on None hour shifts and None hours per week
(subject to confirmation). Posted job title: Nurse Extern
Keywords: Methodist Healthcare of San Antonio, San Antonio , Registered Nurse (RN) - Nurse Extern - $15-19 per hour, Healthcare , San Antonio, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!