Company: HCA Healthcare
Location: San Antonio
Posted on: January 26, 2023
Description IntroductionAre you looking for a place to deliver
excellent care patients deserve? At Methodist Hospital Metropolitan
we support our colleagues in their positions. Join our Team as
a(an) LVN-Cardiac Telemetry and access programs to assist with
every stage of your career.BenefitsMethodist Hospital Metropolitan
offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life,
career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services
at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and
behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and
free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and
disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental
health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital
indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection,
legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet
insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical
and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder
care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on
years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification
support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave,
long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Learn more about Employee BenefitsNote: Eligibility for benefits
may vary by location.
Are you a continuous learner? With more than 94,000 nurses
throughout HCA Healthcare, we are one of the largest employers of
nurses in the United States. Education is key to excellence! As a
majority owner of Galen College of Nursing, which joins Research
College of Nursing and Mercy School of Nursing as educational
facilities within the HCA Healthcare family, we make it easier and
more affordable to gain certifications and job skills. Apply today
for our LVN-Cardiac Telemetry opening and continue to learn!Job
Summary and QualificationsWe are seeking a Licensed Vocational
Nurse for Methodist Hospital Metropolitan to ensure we continue to
provide all patients with high quality, efficient care. We are an
amazing team that works hard to support each other and are seeking
a phenomenal addition like you who feels patient care is as
meaningful as we do. We want you to apply now!Our Licensed
Vocational Nurses have access to a variety of resources to help you
reach your goals including:
- A comprehensive orientation process
- Valuable mentorship from specialty specific educators
- Leadership development programs
- State-of-the-art units equipped with the latest technologies in
patient careWhat You Will Do In Your Role:
- You will obtain and record initial and ongoing patient
information throughout the cycle of care and provide accurate and
pertinent patient information reports to the RN, CNC, and oncoming
shift to ensure continuity of care.
- You will provide direct, evidence-based nursing care of
assigned patients as directed by the physician or RN and assist
with procedures, monitoring, or other functions as directed.
- You will perform lab and procedural tests within the LVN/LPN
scope of practice, after demonstrating competency.
- You will identify potential nursing problems/changes in patient
status and inform and escalate situations requiring care beyond the
scope of practice of an LVN/LPN.
- You will serve as a resource to department staff, contribute to
the teamwork of the hospital, and provide and ensure patient safety
at all times.What qualifications you will need:
- Graduate of a Vocational Nursing School
- LVN License to practice as a professional registered nursing in
the state of Texas or Active Multi-State LVN Compact License, or GN
Permit for LVN's being hired into LVN position. (Employees with LVN
Compact License are required to obtain Texas LVN License within 90
days of hire date.)
- Current American Heart Association BLS Certification
- Preferred: ACLS, IV Certification as mandated by state of
practiceThis role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19
based on local, state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a
medical or religious exemption is approved).Methodist Hospital
Metropolitan houses 370 bed. We house the largest emergency room in
downtown San Antonio. Our women's pavilion is the only
freestanding, center city facility dedicated to the health of women
and their newborn babies. We welcome nearly 3,000 newborns into the
world each year. We are home to the Methodist Weight Loss Center.
We have been designated an American Society for Metabolic Surgery
Bariatric Surgery Center of Excellence.
Our hospital has been recognized by Modern Healthcare as a Best
Place to Work in Healthcare. For the fifth consecutive year we are
recognized as a Leader in LGBTQ Healthcare Equality by the Human
Rights Campaign (HRC) Foundation. We are the first hospital in San
Antonio to achieve Pathway to Excellence designation. Methodist
Hospital Metropolitan has been recognized by Leapfrog for focus on
safety and quality. We received a Grade A Hospital Safety Score for
8 consecutive rating periods. We are proud to be an Accredited
Chest Pain Center by the American College of Cardiology and Primary
Stroke Center by the Joint Commission. We were the premier Texas
hospital to earn a Gold Seal of Approval for Sepsis Certification.
Join our accredited team today."Good people beget good people."-
Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder If growth and continued learning is
important to you, we encourage you to apply for our LVN-Cardiac
Telemetry opening. Our team will promptly review your application.
Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews.
Unlock the possibilities apply today!We are an equal opportunity
employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate
on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender,
sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or
Keywords: HCA Healthcare, San Antonio , LVN-Cardiac Telemetry, Healthcare , San Antonio, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!