Physical Health and Wellness Screening Specialist
Company: Wounded Warrior Project
Location: San Antonio
Posted on: January 26, 2023
Great benefits. Competitive pay. We know these are some of the
things people look for in a job.But if you're the kind of person
who also cares about making an impact and serving our nation's
wounded warriors and their families, then you're exactly the kind
of person we're looking for. When you join Wounded Warrior Project,
you're committing to making a difference. We make a commitment to
you too - helping you to find that spark, ignite your passion to
serve, and embark on a career with meaning and purpose.At Wounded
Warrior Project we recognize our mission cannot be accomplished
without our talented teammates, which is why we're proud to offer
benefits such as:
- A flexible hybrid work schedule (3 days in office, 2 days' work
- Full medical, dental and vision coverage for both teammates AND
- Competitive pay and performance incentives
- A fun, mission focused and collaborative team environmentA
mission that matters is just the beginning, so if you're ready to
get started, we're ready for you.The Wounded Warrior Project (WWP)
Physical Health & Wellness (PH&W) Screening Specialist recruits
and screens warriors for multiweek programs and events that
educate, coach, and empower wounded service members in pursuit of
achievement of their physical health and wellness goals. The
PH&W Screening Specialist provides warriors with comprehensive
screening, needs assessment, and coordination of internal and
external resources to support warriors and enhance their physical
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Identify, screen, and recruit warriors for participation in the
virtual and in-person PH&W Coaching Program and Adaptive Sports
Program. The PH&W Program provides fitness, nutrition,
mobility, sleep, and health-focused education to warriors. The
Adaptive Sports Program provides opportunities for warriors to
participate in modified athletic events designed for their
- Serve as primary recruiter for internal physical health and
wellness program, adaptive sport offerings, WWP programs and
resources and coordinate handoff to external resources through
recruiting calls by telephone, Zoom, or other technology-based
- Develop and execute pre-program content to assess warrior's
state of readiness and direct warrior to the pathway of PH&W or
Adaptive Sport programming to match their goals.
- Plan and execute recruiting events and welcome calls with
limited to no supervision from manager.
- Oversee interest questionnaire for the PH&W Coaching
Program and the Adaptive Sports Program.
- Lead recruiting through internal processes and organizational
weekly emails to warriors and family members.
- Lead program marketing initiatives in the creation of materials
for program awareness.
- Maintain and ensure efficacy of Physical Health and Wellness
Coaching Program and Adaptive Sports recruiting model, including
identifying trends to assist in recruiting initiatives.
- Identify and recommend new recruiting and programming
opportunities aimed at increasing overall impact and drive warrior
interest to PH&W and Adaptive Sports.
- Develop and execute in person and virtual education events for
warriors and their families with limited to no supervision from
- Develop and facilitate virtual programming content via Zoom,
Facebook Live, and other technology-based platforms.
- Collaborate with PH&W and Adaptive Sports teammates to
develop new, innovative content and curriculum.
- Serve as subject matter expert of fitness, nutrition, mobility,
sleep, and health focused resources and program opportunities.
- Collaborate with multiple WWP departments and other key
stakeholders to deliver programming and services to warriors and
- Conduct public speaking activities to raise awareness of
PH&W programming, recruit, and discuss the importance of
starting and maintaining a healthy lifestyle.
- Maintain budget for PH&W programming within assigned region
in support of leadership.
- Manage information within various systems, ensuring accuracy
while maintaining data integrity/security, e.g., Cvent,
- Utilize validated metrics to meet strategic outcomes and key
- Manage multiple tasks, assignments, and functions; comfortable
in a fast-paced, innovative environment.
- Participate in workgroups for special projects and programming
initiatives as assigned.
- Assist with onboarding and training of new teammates as
- Other related duties as assigned.KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES
- Highly motivated, passionate, and creative team player with
demonstrated commitment to the organization. High energy level.
Self-starter; willing to take initiative.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively recruit participants for
long-term healthy behavior change programming.
- Demonstrated aptitude in inclusive and holistic programming for
nutrition, mobility, sleep, wellness, fitness, and other
- Demonstrated ability to provide high level service to warriors
and their family members in the delivery of programs and
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain professional
relationships and work collaboratively with teammates and program
stakeholders, in-person and through remote formats using video
- Strong organizational and time management skills with a strong
attention to detail and an ability to prioritize and effectively
handle multiple priorities with tight deadlines.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. Strong
presentation skills. Confident communicator, with demonstrated
ability to present information effectively to large audiences,
small groups, and individuals. Skill and ease while speaking in
public and serving as a representative for the organization.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills. Ability to interact
effectively with diverse individuals and build effective working
relationships. Demonstrated emotional intelligence. Ability to
respond to sensitive matters with diplomacy and empathy.
- Strong critical thinking skills with a demonstrated ability to
problem-solve and identify viable solutions.
- Ability and dedication to travel in support of WWP programs and
- Unequivocal commitment to the highest standards of personal and
business ethics and conduct.
- Mission-driven, guided by core values, and a pleasure to work
- Two years of experience working in the fitness industry, allied
health profession, health management, wellness coaching, strength
and conditioning, or personal/athletic training.
- One year experience with longitudinal plan design, recruiting
participants, and developing program content in the categories of
fitness, nutrition, wellness, and/or athletics.
- One year of experience with customer relationship management
and event management systems, e.g., Salesforce, Cvent.Preferences
- One year of experience working with and providing support to
wounded service members dealing with health issues and invisible
- One year of event planning experience.EDUCATIONRequirements
- Bachelor's degree in exercise science, sports management,
recreation management, or similar health science field.Preferences
- Master's degree in exercise science, sports management,
recreation management, or similar health science
field.CERTIFICATIONS & LICENSURERequirements
- CPR-First Aid Certification.Preferences
- Personal Training Certification (ACE, ACSM, NASM, NSCA),
Strength and Conditioning Certification (CSCS), or other related
- Wellness Coaching Certification.WORK ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL
- General office environment: temperature controlled.
- Participation in highly physical demanding activities and
events under varying conditions, e.g., workouts (indoor, outdoor,
virtual), hiking, and cooking classes.
- Lodging in various environments e.g., hotels, cabins.
- May require lifting/carrying items up to 50 pounds.
- Up to 50% travel.We recognize the success of our mission
depends on the efforts of our passionate, hard-working teammates.
To help teammates remain focused on the warriors and families we
serve, WWP offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
Medical/Prescription drug, Dental, Vision, Life/AD&D,
Short-term Disability, Long-term Disability, and an Employee
Assistance Program. WWP also offers a 401(k) retirement plan, a
competitive PTO package, Sick Leave, Family Care Leave, Paid
Holidays, Birthday Holiday, Education Assistance, and Bereavement
Leave.For Colorado Applicants:The estimated hiring range for this
position is between $44,800 - $67,200 annual base salary,subject to
a candidate's combination of experience, qualifications, and
credentials. This position may also be eligible for an annual
performance incentive.For California, New York, and Washington
Applications: The estimated hiring range for this position is
between $51,250 - $77,280 annual base salary,subject to a
candidate's combination of experience, qualifications, and
credentials. This position may also be eligible for an annual
*ca-agWounded Warrior Project is an equal opportunity employer
committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all persons
without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender,
gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, citizenship,
age, veteran or military status, disability, genetic information,
or any other characteristic protected by law.Please note:
Wounded Warrior Project is not seeking assistance or accepting
unsolicited resumes from search firms without a written search
agreement in place. All resumes submitted by search firms to any
employee at Wounded Warrior Project via email, the Internet or
directly to hiring managers at Wounded Warrior Project in any form
without a valid written search agreement in place will be deemed
the sole property of Wounded Warrior Project, and no fee will be
paid in the event the candidate is hired by Wounded Warrior Project
as a result of the referral or through other means."
Keywords: Wounded Warrior Project, San Antonio , Physical Health and Wellness Screening Specialist, Healthcare , San Antonio, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!