Exciting Outpatient Opportunity with High Earning Potential
Posted on: January 27, 2023
Family Practice-Geriatrics opening in Floresville, Texas. This
and other physician jobs brought to you by DocCafe
Description Humana's Primary Care Organization is one of the
largest and fastest growing value-based care, senior-focused
primary care providers in the country, operating over 175 centers
across eight states under two brands: CenterWell & Conviva.
Operating as a payor-agnostic, wholly owned subsidiary of Humana,
our centers put the unique needs of seniors at the center of
everything we do. Our Clinics offer a team-based care model where
our physicians lead a multi-disciplinary care team supporting
patient's physical, emotional, and social wellness.
At Conviva Care Solutions we want to help those in the communities
we serve, including our associates, lead their best lives. We
support our associates in becoming happier, healthier, and more
productive in their professional and personal lives. We promote
lifelong well-being by giving our associate fresh perspective, new
insights, and exciting opportunities to grow their careers. Our
culture is focused on teamwork and providing a positive and
welcoming environment for all. The Primary Care Physician (PCP)
works as a lead in our team-based care environment. We are a value
based care provider focused on quality of care for the patients we
serve. Our care team consists of Doctors, Advanced Practice
professionals, Pharm D, Care Coach Nurses, Medical Assistants,
Behavioral Health, Specialists, Quality Based Coders, Referral
Coordinators and more. Our approach allows us to provide an
unmatched experience for seniors. Our model is positioned to
provide higher quality care and better outcomes for seniors by
providing a concierge experience, multidisciplinary services,
coordinated care supported by analytics and tools, and deep
community relationships. This robust support allows our PCP to see
fewer patients and spend more time with those they do.
- Evaluates and treats center patients in accordance with
standards of care.
- Follows level of medical care and quality for patients and
monitors care using available data and chart reviews.
- Assists in the coordination of patient services, including but
not limited to specialty referrals, hospital and SNF coordination,
durable medical equipment and home health care.
- Acts as an active participant and key source of medical
expertise with the care team through daily huddles.
- Helps Regional Medical Director and Center Administrator in
setting a tone of cooperation in practice by displaying a
professional and approachable demeanor. · Completes all medical
record documentation in a timely manner working with a quality-
based coder to optimize coding specificity.
- Follows policy and protocol defined by Clinical
- Meets with RMD about quality of care, review of outcome data,
policy, procedure and records issues.
- Participates in potential growth opportunities for new or
existing services within the Center.
- Participates in the local primary care "on-call" program of
Conviva as needed. · Assures personal compliance with licensing,
certification, and accrediting bodies. · Spend 100% of your time
clinically focused on direct patient care, inclusive of patient
facing time and general administrative time (charting, meetings,
etc.) as it relates to direct patient care.
- Current and unrestricted medical license or willing to obtain a
medical licenses in state of practice; eligible and willing to
obtain licenses in other states in the region of assignment, as
- Graduate of accredited MD or DO program of accredited
university · Excellent verbal and written communication
- Demonstrate a high level of skill with interpersonal
relationships and communications with colleagues/patients
- Fully engaged in the concept of "Integrated team based care"
model · Willingness and ability to learn/adapt to practice in a
value based care setting · Superior patient/customer
- Basic computer skills, including email and EMR · This role is
considered patient facing and is a part of our Tuberculosis (TB)
screening program. If selected for this role, you will be required
to be screened for TB Preferred Qualifications:
- Board Certification or Eligible to become certified (ABMS or
AOA) in Family Medicine, Internal Medicine or Geriatric Medicine
- Active and unrestricted DEA license
- Medicare Provider Number
- Medicaid Provider Number
- Minimum of two to five years directly applicable experience
- Experience managing Medicare Advantage panel of patients with
understanding of Best Practice in coordinated care environment in a
value based relationship environment
- Knowledge of Medicare guidelines and coverage
- Bilingual is a plus
- Knowledge of HEDIS quality indicators
- Guaranteed base salary + Quarterly Bonus
- Excellent benefit package – health insurance effective on your
first day of employment
- CME Allowance/Time
- Occurrence Based Malpractice Insurance
- Relocation and sign-on bonus options (Only Keep as
- 401(k) with Employer Match
- Life Insurance/Disability
- Paid Time Off/Holidays
- Minimal Call For this job
Keyphrases: family medicine jobs, family practice jobs, family
practitioner jobs, geriatric medicine jobs, geriatrician jobs,
gerontologist jobs, family medicine specialist jobs
Keywords: Conviva, San Antonio , Exciting Outpatient Opportunity with High Earning Potential , Healthcare , Floresville, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!