Registered Nurse - Senior Part-Time (UTHP Radiology MARC) - Radiology
Company: UT Health San Antonio
Location: San Antonio
Posted on: January 27, 2023
Registered Nurse - Senior Part-Time (UTHP Radiology MARC)UT
Health San Antonio is one of the country's leading health sciences
universities and is designated as a Hispanic-Serving Institution by
the U.S. Department of Education. With missions of teaching,
research, patient care and community engagement, its schools of
medicine, nursing, dentistry, health professions and graduate
biomedical sciences have graduated 39,700 alumni who are leading
change, advancing their fields, and renewing hope for patients and
their families throughout South Texas and the world. UT Health San
Antonio is a 2021 Forbes Best-In-State Employer and is fast
becoming known as a place that launches and advances careers.
As an employer, UT Health San Antonio provides:
* An excellent benefits package with lower-cost health insurance
options for employees as well as competitive dental and vision
* A defined benefit retirement plan with matching contributions
higher than the market average.
* Three to five weeks of paid time off per year, plus sick leave
and paid holidays.
* Discounts at UT Health providers and facilities.
Saturdays and evenings as needed.
Under minimal supervision, provides direct nursing care to patients
in a healthcare facility. Responsible for preparing equipment and
aiding physician during treatment and examination of patients. May
lead or mentor lower level team members.
* Demonstrates advanced skills in the delivery of physical
examinations of patients, performing complex medical testing and
providing interpretations of results, consulting with physicians
and implementing treatment plan; administers medications and
injections as needed.
* Ensures the clinic flow runs smoothly and provides supervision of
the assigned Medical Assistant; works closely with assigned
scheduler to ensure referrals, follow up appointments, diagnostic
tests, etc. are scheduled accordingly.
* Triages patient calls and works closely with call center team
* Assists and arranges for hospital admissions as needed.
* Follows-up on diagnostic tests, labs and ensures they are
reported to the medical provider.
* Refers patients as needed to appropriate specialist, consults and
collaborates with other members of the health care team, provides
daily wound care as needed, schedules follow up appointments,
weekly check appointments, and procedure appointments.
* Educates patients and family members on the therapy process.
* Performs all other duties as assigned.
* Associate's degree is required.
* Five (5) years of professional nursing experience is
Additional Licenses and Certifications:
* Current Texas RN license, CPR required.
Keywords: UT Health San Antonio, San Antonio , Registered Nurse - Senior Part-Time (UTHP Radiology MARC) - Radiology, Healthcare , San Antonio, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!