RN - Temp - Med Surg
Location: San Antonio
Posted on: January 27, 2023
RN - TempOverview
The Registered Nurse (RN) duties are to assess patient health
problems and needs, develop and implement nursing care plans, and
maintain medical records. Administer nursing care to ill, injured,
convalescent, or disabled patients. May advise patients on health
maintenance and disease prevention or provide case management.
* Maintain and possess a State Registered Nursing license.
* Prepares patient assessment reports from the hospital centers and
forwards the reports to the physicians for validation.
* Performs testing and reports all results to physicians as well as
documenting all findings in patient's medical record.
* Assists the physicians with patient visits and exams.
* Assists the physician with procedures, and properly labels and
send specimens to appropriate labs.
* Schedules patient's as directed by the physician.
* Provides telephone triage and properly documents all patient,
physician and other contacts.
* Performs medication administration as necessary using universal
precautions and documenting appropriately in the patient's medical
record (i.e. time, amount, route of administration, site of
administration, and any patient reaction).
* Participates in revenue cycle by ensuring authorizations and
referrals are in place and notifying the Billing Associate of needs
for further authorizations.
* Documents correct CPT and ICD-10 codes for services provided.
* Maintains patient confidentiality.
* Communicates effectively and courteously with and demonstrates a
caring attitude toward patients and their families.
* Treats all patients and their families with dignity and
* Acts in a non-directive, non-judgmental manner recognizing an
individual's religious, ethical, and moral opinion/belief.
* Uses standards of patient satisfaction as a measure of
* Follows universal precautions and OSHA standards.
* Performs other assigned duties as directed.
* Must possess a current/valid license as a Registered Nurse in the
state that they are providing services.
* Must maintain CPR and BLS certification.
* Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal skills.
* Knowledge of common safety hazards and precautions to establish a
safe work environment.
Keywords: Mednax, San Antonio , RN - Temp - Med Surg, Healthcare , San Antonio, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!