(2023-2024) School Nurse/RN Health Asst. - North TX - School RN
Company: Great Hearts
Location: San Antonio
Posted on: May 27, 2023
(2023-2024) School Nurse/RN Health Asst. - North TXJOB
POSITION: School Nurse (RN)
LOCATION: Great Hearts - North Texas
REPORTS TO: Director of Campus Operations
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
Great Hearts Academies is a non-profit charter management organization (CMO) that operates classical preparatory K-12 public charter schools. Our academies cultivate the minds and hearts of students through the pursuit of truth, goodness and beauty. We currently serve over 19,000 students in Texas and Arizona and provide additional communities with the Great Hearts liberal arts model of public education and, in the process, aim to restore excellence to American public education. We proudly prepare students for success at the best colleges and universities in the nation but see our larger purpose as producing great hearted graduates that are prepared to be intellectual, moral and engaged citizens.
Great Hearts Texas will serve approximately 8000 students at 11 schools in the San Antonio and Dallas Fort Worth metro areas during 2021-22 school year. As a high performing and growing charter network in Texas, we serve a key leadership role in education reform in the state and a model of what a dedicated and disciplined CMO can achieve for students. Additional information can be found at http://www.greatheartsamerica.org/
Roles and responsibilities:
* Collaborates closely with the headmaster, director of operations, teachers, parents, custodial and food service staff, and other staff to provide leadership to ensure a healthy school environment and assist in meeting the health needs of the general school population and those students with identified health conditions;
* Provides direct care utilizing professional assessment skills, the nursing process, individualized healthcare plans and established school health protocols;
* Initiates and maintains accurate and confidential student health records, including immunization records, medication administration records, individual student treatment records, and individualized student health care plans (IHPs);
* Establishes effective procedures for carrying out mandatory screening programs and submitting required reports;
* Communicates with parents regarding individual students and serves as a liaison between school personnel, the family, health care professionals, and the community, to ensure appropriate referral and follow up for student health needs;
* Attends Admission Review & Dismissal (ARD) meetings of students with identified health needs;
* Develops and implements individualized health care plans and evaluates outcomes of skilled and direct nursing care and procedures for students with identified health conditions.
* Collaborates with the district personnel, including school psychologist/special education diagnostician regarding implementation of health-related Individualized Education Plan (IEP) goals and services;
* Educates faculty and staff as needed on health-related topics;
* Develops and recommends campus policies and procedures to promote the health and wellness of students and staff;
* Provides consultation to campus administration in crisis/emergency situations;
* Participates in professional development as outlined in the Texas Nurse Practice Act to maintain professional nursing skills and knowledge including but not limited to: Basic Life Support for Healthcare providers (CPR/AED), certification in mandated screenings and continuing education as required by the Texas Board of Nursing: and
* Supervises, trains and evaluates LVNs, unlicensed diabetes care assistants, other unlicensed assistive personnel, or other school personnel as designated by the campus headmaster to have responsibility for assisting students with health needs.
* Requisition supplies and equipment needed to maintain clinic inventory.
Qualifications, Competencies, Experience
* Graduate of an accredited professional nursing education program
* Valid Registered Nurse (RN) license from the Texas Board of Nursing.
* CPR Certification
* Expertise in student specific case management plans for acute and chronic health conditions
* Ability to implement policies and procedures
* Proficient computer skills
* Ability to write routine reports and correspondence
* Strong organizational, communication, mentoring, coaching and interpersonal skills
* One (1) year nursing experience
Personal Qualities & Values
* Passionately Committed : With humility and curiosity, we seek to know more about our core purpose; seek to share (with each other and with others externally as an advocate); seek to live the mission ourselves with relentless pursuit and intrinsic motivation; seek to understand our work and how it serves the mission---which should result in getting the right stuff done with measurable results because we love actualization - not just the theory
* Servant's Heart : The foundational element of having a servant's heart is the acknowledgement of inherent dignity in their fellow human. Someone with a servant's heart believes that their work is to promote the development of those around them and make it possible for others to be successful in serving the mission of the organization.
* Team Player : We believe our mission can only be accomplished through collaboration and receive true joy in being a part of something greater than ourselves; Each of us is one part of a whole, each with different roles, expertise and responsibilities; working together in synchronicity
Must complete Texas Department of Public Safety fingerprint clearance and background check.
Physical functions: Requires but is not limited to standing, sitting, repetitious hand and body movements, bending, squatting, and reaching. May be required to move or position equipment up to 50 pounds approximately.
This description reflects management's assignment of essential functions; it does not exclude or restrict the additional tasks that may be assigned.
Great Hearts Academies is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
(2023-2024) School Nurse/RN Health Asst. - North TXJOB
Keywords: Great Hearts, San Antonio , (2023-2024) School Nurse/RN Health Asst. - North TX - School RN, Healthcare , San Antonio, Texas
here to apply!