Physical Therapist (Physical Therapy )
Company: Chenega Corporation
Location: San Antonio
Posted on: May 28, 2023
Inpatient opening in San Antonio, Texas. C2 ALASKA LLC
Fort Sam Houston TX
The Physical Therapist performs a full range of physical therapists
services in accordance with the scope of clinical privileges
granted by the treatment facility. Primary neuro-musculoskeletal
care to include the exercise of professional judgment in the
evaluation, treatment, and referral of patients with
musculoskeletal complaints. The physical therapist performs primary
evaluations to provide primary care. The parameters of practice
include issuing profiles, placing personnel on quarters (e.g., bed
rest), referring patients to other specialty clinics.
- Plan and prepare written treatment programs based on an
evaluation of the patient.
- Administer manual exercises to improve and maintain
- Instruct, motivate, and assist patients in performing various
physical activities, such as non-manual exercises, ambulatory
functional activities, daily living activities, and in use of
assistive and supportive devices, such as crutches, canes, and
- Administer soft tissue mobilization, applying knowledge of
mobilization techniques and body physiology.
- Administer traction to relieve pain, using traction
- Record treatment, response, and progress in patient's chart
and/or automated systems.
- Coordinate treatment with physician and other staff members to
obtain additional patient information, suggest revisions in
treatment program and integrate physical therapy treatment with
other aspects of the patient's health care. Contact referring
physicians regarding patient care concerns, as required.
- Perform prevention and wellness activities, education,
screening, and promote positive health behaviors.
- Provide required service within the rules and regulations of
the Texas State board of Physical Therapy.
- Design treatment plans to be implemented personally by the
therapist or by civilian physical therapy assistants (PTAs) or
military physical therapy technicians.
- Directly oversees the plan of care conducted by subordinate
personnel. Take full responsibility for patient provided in
assigned area regardless of whether they are personally providing
the care or have utilized subordinate staff members.
- Provide professional guidance, counseling and evaluation and
assist in directing activities and training of any assigned
- Interact effectively with patients and healthcare professionals
to maintain a high-quality standard of healthcare.
- Perform all duties with minimal supervision or guidance.
- Physical Therapist shall consult with the section chief for
their assigned area and the Chief, Physical Therapy, BAMC when
patient issues cannot be resolved at the section level.
- Ability to be effective, flexible and proficient in-patient
management in a busy and rapidly changing environment
- React quickly to changes in complex patient presentation to
ensure the safety of the patient in all situations.
- Prioritize and optimally dose specific interventions to improve
function and safe mobility to prepare the patient for
- Perform as a clinical instructor, when requested, in full
compliance with the guidelines established by the Texas chapter of
the American Physical Therapy association for the mastery and
assessment of clinical skills or according to other guidelines
established by physical therapy school of the affiliating
- Perform thorough patient examinations appropriate for the
condition for which the patient has sought physical therapy care or
the purpose of provider referral. Examinations will encompass the
full spectrum of physical therapist examination skills to
adequately diagnose the cause of the patient's complaint.
- Plan and administer physical therapy to general medical and
surgical patients with single and multiple disabilities such as
fractures, sprains, hemiplegia, peripheral nerve injuries, and
- Directly participate in all patient treatment and directly
oversees any treatment applied by subordinate personnel.
- Execute a full range of treatment procedures using manual
therapy, therapeutic exercise, gait training, manual muscle
testing, and sparing application of modalities such as heat,
ultrasound, and electrical stimulation.
- Evaluate and document each patient's response to treatment on
an ongoing basis. Track treatment as appropriate and execute
ongoing discharge planning.
- Revise treatment plans when patients fail to respond or show
adverse reactions to treatment.
- Make timely and appropriate referrals to other Providers when
- Maintain proper medical records on all patients.
- Primary neuro-musculoskeletal care includes the exercise
professional judgment in the evaluation, treatment, and referral of
patients with musculoskeletal complaints. The physical therapist
performing primary evaluations is a provider of primary care.
Primary care practice requires knowledge of differential diagnose
history taking, the carrying out of complex examinations
procedures, the correlation of test results and measurements, and
the prescribing of treatment. The parameters of practice include
issuing profiles, placing personnel on quarters (e.g., bed rest),
referring patients to other specialty clinics. When utilizing
supports staff, a written plan of care must be furnished to the
support staff describing all treatment tasks to the appropriate
- Other duties as assigned Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Experience and proficiency in outpatient orthopedic physical
therapy, sport physical therapy and/or acute inpatient physical
therapy are preferred.
- Able to analyze and interpret abstract and concrete data,
evaluate outcomes, and problem-solve within scope.
- Ability to read and interpret Doctor s daily notes from medical
- Ability to exercise professional judgment in administering
treatment to the spectrum of physical therapy patients with
neurological, general medical, post-surgical and orthopedic
- Ability to effectively communicate with the interdisciplinary
team to provide updates on the status of patients.
- Demonstrate knowledge of acute medical conditions and how these
conditions could affect patient mobility.
- Be able to ask questions when unsure of hospital equipment and
be aware of one s own limitations in knowledge.
- Be able to establish rapport with families, patients, and
health care teams and ensure that the patient and family are
involved in all care. Physical Demands
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is
regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee may use
repeated motions that include the arms, wrists, hands and/or
fingers. The employee is occasionally required to walk, stand,
climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must
occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision
abilities required by this job include close vision.
Keywords: Chenega Corporation, San Antonio , Physical Therapist (Physical Therapy ), Healthcare , San Antonio, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...