Registered Nurse RN Pedi Emergency - Pediatrics ER - Emergency Room
Company: MercyOne North Iowa Medical Center
Location: San Antonio
Posted on: May 28, 2023
Registered Nurse RN Pedi EmergencyDescription
Do you have the career opportunities as a(an) Registered Nurse RN Pedi Emergency you want in your current role? We invest in what matters most to nurses like you - at home, at work, and at every stage in your career. We have an exciting opportunity for you to join Methodist Childrens Hospital which is a part of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, HCA Healthcare.
Methodist Childrens Hospital, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
* Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as free telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
* Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
* Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
* 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
* Employee Stock Purchase Plan with 10% off HCA Healthcare stock
* Family support through fertility and family building benefits with Progyny and adoption assistance.
* Referral services for child, elder and pet care, home and auto repair, event planning and more
* Consumer discounts through Abenity and Consumer Discounts
* Retirement readiness, rollover assistance services and preferred banking partnerships
* Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
* Colleague recognition program
* Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
* Employee Health Assistance Fund that offers free employee-only coverage to full-time and part-time colleagues based on income.
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Do you want to work where you have a voice? Nurses are at the forefront of our commitment to the care and improvement of human life. At HCA Healthcare, there are many ways for nurses to have a voice through professional practice councils, advisory councils, vital voices surveys, and units of distinction. We learn from our multi-generational nursing family. We partner with our Nurses at Methodist Childrens Hospital!
Job Summary and Qualifications
What You Will Do In Your Role:
* You will consistently apply the nursing process, critical thinking skills, scientific judgment, technical skills and leadership to independently deliver safe nursing care to patients.
* You will collaborate with the patient care team to achieve quality patient outcomes
* You will provide communication, confidence, and professionalism as evidenced by active engagement in unit and organizational activities
* You will demonstrate team work, adaptability, and serving as a resource to the patient care team
* You will have accountability for delivering quality nursing care services and for promoting a positive image of nursing
What qualifications you will need:
* Advanced Cardiac Life Spt must be obtained within 90 days of employment start date
* Basic Cardiac Life Support must be obtained within 30 days of employment start date
* Emergency Nurse Pediatric Cour must be obtained within 60 months of employment start date
* Trauma Nursing Core Course must be obtained within 1 year of employment start date
* Registered Nurse
* Associate Degree, or Bachelors Degree, or Registered Nurse Diploma
* Neonate Resuscitate, or PALS Pediatric Adv Life Supt must be obtained within 90 days of employment start date
This role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is approved).
Since opening in 1998 as the first and only hospital in San Antonio and South Texas designed and built just for children with over 200 beds, Methodist Children's Hospital has set the standard for treating the children of South and Central Texas. The hospital has built a strong reputation for its outstanding pediatric services in many specialty areas including pediatric heart surgery, pulmonology, orthopedics, neurosurgery, newborn and pediatric intensive care, oncology and emergency services.
Our new tower is part of a landmark expansion that increased the footprint of the Methodist Hospital campus by 445,000 square feet. It includes 150 rooms and a dedicated children's imaging department with new, state-of-the art technology. The Level IV NICU, the region's largest with over 90 beds, has board-certified neonatologists in-house 24/7 to provide the highest level of neonatal care available. The hospital is among the nation's top three providers of blood and marrow stem cell and cord blood transplants for children and is the largest BMT program in San Antonio. In addition, Methodist Children's Hospital continues to be nationally recognized for the strongest quality record for patient safety. For more information, please visit our website at www.sahealth.com and select Methodist Children's Hospital under Locations.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World's Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. ---In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated 3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"Bricks and mortar do not make a hospital. People do."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
If this opportunity is your next step in your career path, we encourage you to apply for our Registered Nurse RN Pedi Emergency opening. We review all applications. Qualified candidates will be contacted by a member of our team. We are interviewing apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Registered Nurse RN Pedi EmergencyDescription
Keywords: MercyOne North Iowa Medical Center, San Antonio , Registered Nurse RN Pedi Emergency - Pediatrics ER - Emergency Room, Healthcare , San Antonio, Texas
here to apply!