RN (UTHP Vascular Surgery) - Vascular Surgery
Company: UT Health San Antonio
Location: San Antonio
Posted on: September 18, 2023
RN (UTHP Vascular Surgery)Job Summary:
Under limited supervision, provides direct nursing care to patients
in a healthcare facility. Responsible for preparing equipment and
aiding physician during treatment and examination of patients.
* Assists assigned medical provider and mid-level in the clinical
setting including but not limited to: the physical examination of
patients, performing complex medical testing and providing
interpretations of results, consulting with physicians and
implements treatment plan and the administration of medications and
injections as needed.
* Ensures the clinic flow runs smoothly and provides supervision of
the assigned Medical Assistant.
* Works closely with the assigned medical assistant to ensure all
chart preparation is complete and ready for clinic.
* Works closely with assigned scheduler to ensure referrals, follow
up appointments, diagnostic tests, etc. are scheduled accordingly
per medical provider/mid-level orders.
* Calls-in prescriptions and refills for patients.
* Obtains prior authorization as needed on medications, diagnostic
tests, and other medical procedures.
* Triages patient calls and works closely with call center team
* Assists and arranges for hospital admissions as needed.
* Follows-up on diagnostic tests and labs, and ensures they are
reported to the medical provider.
* Performs all other duties as assigned.
Associate's degree is required.
Three (3) years of professional nursing experience is required.
Additional Licenses and Certifications:
Current Texas Nursing license and CPR certification is
Keywords: UT Health San Antonio, San Antonio , RN (UTHP Vascular Surgery) - Vascular Surgery, Healthcare , San Antonio, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!