Staff - Registered Nurse (RN) - Psychiatric - $28-38 per hour
Company: Methodist Healthcare of San Antonio
Posted on: September 19, 2023
Methodist Healthcare of San Antonio is seeking a Registered
Nurse (RN) Psychiatric for a nursing job in San Antonio, Texas.Job
Description & Requirements
- Specialty: Psychiatric
- Discipline: RN
- Start Date: ASAP
- Duration: Ongoing
- Shift: nights, flexible
- Employment Type: StaffShift: Nights (Rotating
Weekends)Description IntroductionDo you want to be appreciated
daily? Our nurses are celebrated for being on the front line,
empathetic for patients. At Methodist Hospital Specialty and
Transplant our nurses set us apart from any other healthcare
provider. We are seeking a(an) RN Registered Nurse Psych Decision
Unit to join our healthcare family.BenefitsMethodist Hospital
Specialty and Transplant, offers a total rewards package that
supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues.
The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services
at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and
behavioral health coverage as well as free telemedicine services
and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and
disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental
health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital
indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection,
legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet
insurance and more.
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical
and financial wellbeing
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on
years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan with 10% off HCA Healthcare
- Family support through fertility and family building benefits
with Progyny and adoption assistance.
- Referral services for child, elder and pet care, home and auto
repair, event planning and more
- Consumer discounts through Abenity and Consumer Discounts
- Retirement readiness, rollover assistance services and
preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification
support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave,
long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of
- Employee Health Assistance Fund that offers free employee-only
coverage to full-time and part-time colleagues based on
income.Learn more about Employee BenefitsNote: Eligibility for
benefits may vary by location.
At Methodist Hospital Specialty and Transplant, our nurses play a
vital part. We know that every nurse's path and purpose is unique.
Do you want to create your own personal career path in nursing? HCA
Healthcare is your career destination! Our scale makes it possible
for nurses to create the career path that fits their life - for
life - and empowers their passion for patient care. Apply today for
our RN Registered Nurse Psych Decision Unit opportunity.Job Summary
and QualificationsWe are seeking a Registered Nurse for Psychiatric
Decision Unit at Methodist Specialty and Transplant to ensure we
continue to provide all patients with high quality, efficient care.
We are an amazing team that works hard to support each other and
are seeking a phenomenal addition like you who feels patient care
is as meaningful as we do. We want you to apply now!
- Our Registered Nurses have access to a variety of resources to
help you reach your goals including:
- A comprehensive orientation process
- Valuable mentorship from specialty specific educators
- Leadership development programs
- State-of-the-art units equipped with the latest technologies in
patient careOur Psych Unit offers:A chance to work in a dedicated
76 Bed Unit area within our Specialty and Transplant Hospital.
- We are the largest Behavioral Health unit In San Antonio.
- We have some of the lowest Turnover rate within our
- We have a culture ofsafety.
- We have primary care nursing as opposed to one charge nurse and
a medication nurse as many freestanding facilities.
- Our ratios are better, usually running 6-8 patients per nurse
with a dedicated tech on the floor.
- We have a streamlined BERT team to respond to codes for
aggression as well as security on site if needed.What You Will Do
In Your Role:
- You will consistently apply the nursing process, critical
thinking skills, scientific judgment, technical skills and
leadership to independently deliver safe nursing care to
- You will collaborate with the patient care team to achieve
quality patient outcomes
- You will provide communication, confidence, and professionalism
as evidenced by active engagement in unit and organizational
- You will demonstrate team work, adaptability, and serving as a
resource to the patient care team
- You will have accountability for delivering quality nursing
care services and for promoting a positive image of nursingWhat
qualifications you will need:
- -- Graduate of an accredited diploma, associates, or
baccalaureate degree registered nursing program.
- -- Minimum of six (6) months of clinical experience as a
licensed Registered Nurse-- Current Registered Nurse License in the
State of Texas or Multi-State Compact License (Employees with RN
Compact License are required to obtain Texas RN License within 90
days of hire date)-- Current American Heart Association BLS
CertificationThis role requires you to be fully vaccinated for
COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law or regulations
(unless a medical or religious exemption is approved).Methodist
Specialty and Transplant Hospital has been nationally recognized
for its record setting kidney, liver and pancreas transplant
programs. The hospital is home to the Texas Transplant Institute.
We are the largest living donor kidney transplant program in the
US. In 2019 the center reached a major milestone by performing 231
living donor kidney transplants in a single year. This set a new
national record, 65 more transplants than the second center on the
list. This is acknowledged in the United Network of Organ Sharing
database."The great hospitals will always put the patient and the
patient's family first, and the really great institutions will
provide care with warmth, compassion, and dignity for the
individual."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder Join a family that cares about every
stage in your career! We are interviewing candidates for our RN
Registered Nurse Psych Decision Unit opening. Apply today and a
member of our Talent Acquisition team will reach out.We are an
equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We
do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national
origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran
status, or disability status.Methodist Healthcare of San Antonio
Job ID #1-INFOR-889344. Posted job title: RN Registered Nurse Psych
Keywords: Methodist Healthcare of San Antonio, San Antonio , Staff - Registered Nurse (RN) - Psychiatric - $28-38 per hour, Healthcare , Castroville, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!