Registered Nurse (Caring for the Caregiver) - Med Surg
Company: UT Health San Antonio
Location: San Antonio
Posted on: September 21, 2023
Registered Nurse (Caring for the Caregiver)Job Summary:
The Caring for the Caregiver Nurse will coordinate all
community-based Caregiving activities in collaboration with the
Caring for the Caregiver team. Caring for the Caregiver is a UT
Health School of Nursing premier program that is replicated in
School's of Nursing across the country. The program is the
foundation for a greater vision for Caregiving at the UT Health
School of Nursing. This autonomous nursing role requires critical
thinking skills, strong interpersonal skills, a self-directed work
ethic, and a strong team spirit.
* Work independently in community-based settings delivering
programs for Caregivers that have been developed by the Caring for
the Caregiver team.
* Ensure fidelity of the Caring for the Caregiver programs.
* Train-the-trainer in Learning Skills Together (LST) to educate
student trainers to implement Caring for the Caregiver
* Assist research team with data collection as needed working with
the RedCap data collection tools.
* Assists with grant preparation as assigned.
* Assist with grant reporting as assigned.
* Develop and maintain relationships with community partners
attending weekly, monthly and quarterly meetings
* Work with coordinator to manage the Reassurance Program of
* Manage contractual obligations for the Caregiving team as
* Supervise student interns and community health workers.
* Duties as assigned.
Associate's degree is required.
Three (3) years of professional nursing experience is required with
at least two years in a community-based setting. Ability to provide
examples of managing multiple projects, ability to work with
community members, councils, and teams.
BSN or MS Preferred.
Previous supervisory experience preferred.
Additional Licenses and Certifications:
Current Texas RN license; CPR required.
Keywords: UT Health San Antonio, San Antonio , Registered Nurse (Caring for the Caregiver) - Med Surg, Healthcare , San Antonio, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!