OR RN Circulator - OR Circulate
Company: Urology San Antonio
Location: San Antonio
Posted on: September 21, 2023
OR RN CirculatorJob description
The OR Nurse Circulator is responsible for monitoring the surgical
procedures and assists by acting as an intermediary between the
operating room staff and the rest of the surgery center. This
position is responsible for providing efficient and effective
patient care and achievement of desired patient outcomes. Ensuring
the efficient and cost-effective use of departmental resources
necessary to provide safe quality care to our patients and
* Ensure safe patient care within the peri-op unit. Ensuring that
proper patient identification, time-outs, resources, and supplies
are available to maintain a safe environment.
* Promotes/supports the growth of others through precepting,
mentoring, and orientation when appropriate. Serves as a positive,
clinical role model to facilitate staff development. Provides
pertinent feedback to the manager or designee.
* Keeps the surgical area clean and organized for the scrub and the
* Assists in the room turnover process and assures the surgical
room is sterile and safe for the patient. Ensures the goals of the
unit are met and maintained to provide for better room
* Maintains environment and supply inventory, including assuring
the procurement of necessary supplies, equipment, and expertise,
the timely delivery of needed care, and alerting administration of
these needs in a timely manner.
* Prepares the patient for the procedure and handles the
preparation for the operating room including educating the patient
before the surgery takes place and participating in patient
hand-off during times of transition.
* Is engaged in ensuring OR metrics, process improvement, work
processes, and departmental goals are reached.
* Assesses the patients condition before a surgical procedure and
works with a physician to develop a care plan for the patient
during the surgery.
* Current RN licensure in the state of Texas required
* Certification in Basic Life Support (BLS) required
* Certification in Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS), or
obtained within 3 months required
* 1-2 years OR circulating experience preferred
Keywords: Urology San Antonio, San Antonio , OR RN Circulator - OR Circulate, Healthcare , San Antonio, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!