Registered Nurse - PACT RN - EDRP - San Antonio, Texas - Med Surg
Company: Audie L. Murphy Memorial VA Hospital
Location: San Antonio
Posted on: November 19, 2023
Registered Nurse - PACT RN - EDRP - San Antonio, Texas
- Performs a wide range of clinical and/or administrative duties
and will utilize nursing skills when assessing and triaging
unscheduled patients as walk-ins, over the phone or via secure
- Assures current, comprehensive, and timely documentation is
contained in the patient's medical record and any other pertinent
- Uses the nursing process, evidence-based practice, and
effective communication to collaborate with healthcare providers,
family and/or caregiver as well as internal VHA and community-based
- Works collaboratively within an intradisciplinary team to
assist in the care of complex populations.
- Performs a variety of tasks to include but not limited to:
Vital signs, EKGs, immunizations, injections, blood cultures, PICC
line management, setting up and assisting with procedures, wound
care and other tasks as required.
- Promotes patient self-management, prevention, and wellness,
while incorporating critical thinking and customer service skills
into all aspects of the role.
- Oversees the duties and performance of the LVNs.
- May function as charge nurse and preceptor; prepares schedule,
makes/adjusts staffing assignments, etc.
- Fosters/supports a learning environment by participation in the
orientation of new employees, providing feedback as appropriate and
seeking opportunities for self-improvement.
- Participates in all patient aligned care team activities,
huddles, and training.
Paid Time Off:
Permanent Change of Station (PCS)
Financial Disclosure Report:
Keywords: Audie L. Murphy Memorial VA Hospital, San Antonio , Registered Nurse - PACT RN - EDRP - San Antonio, Texas - Med Surg, Healthcare , San Antonio, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!