Registered Nurse (RN) II SICU (ICU) FT Nights
Location: San Antonio
Posted on: December 9, 2018
Metropolitan Methodist Hospital
Center City San Antonio is the backdrop for a vibrant and diverse community of patients served by Metropolitan Methodist Hospital. Our 354 bed hospital offers outstanding heart and cancer care, general surgery, neurosurgery, orthopedic surgery, obstetrics and gynecology services, inpatient and outpatient rehabilitation services, sleep disorder evaluation and the largest emergency room in downtown San Antonio. Our women's pavilion, the only stand-alone facility in downtown San Antonio dedicated to the health of women and their newborn babies, has earned an excellent reputation, one baby at a time.
Metropolitan Methodist Hospital has been recognized by Modern Healthcare as a Best Place to Work in Healthcare and for the third consecutive year as a Leader in LGBT Healthcare Equality by the Human Rights Campaign (HRC) Foundation. We are pleased to announce it is the first hospital in San Antonio to achieve Pathway to Excellence designation by the American Nurses Credentialing Center. We have also been nationally recognized by Leapfrog for our focus on safety and quality, receiving a Grade A Hospital Safety Score. For more information, please visit our website at http://www.sahealth.com/ and select Metropolitan Methodist Hospital under Locations.
- 24-bed intensive care unit
- Caring for non-trauma, high acuity medical and surgical patients including interventions such as CABG, Impella and SLED
- 24/7 coverage by highly engaged critical care physicians
- 1:1 mentorship with supportive, experienced staff
- Facility Code Blue and Rapid Response Team
- Many opportunities and educational resources including national certification support, tuition reimbursement and clinical ladder
General Statement of Duties:
As a professional Registered Nurse (RN) at Methodist, you would serve as the patient and patient's family advocate. We are looking for RNs who have a passion for serving humanity and want to deliver exceptional care to those they serve. Critical success factors include:
- Consistently applying and utilizing the nursing process, critical thinking skills, scientific judgment, technical skills and leadership to independently deliver safe nursing care to patients.
- Collaborating with the patient care team to achieve quality patient outcomes in alignment with the Hospital mission and Methodist Excellence goals.
- Communication, effective use of interpersonal skills confidence, and ability to role model confidence and professionalism within nursing as evidenced by active engagement in unit and organizational activities.
- Demonstrating team work and adaptability and serving as a resource to the patient care team.
- Accountability for the quality of nursing care services delivered by self or others under their direction in accordance with all applicable laws and hospital policies and procedures.
- Promoting a positive image of nursing and demonstrating team work and adaptability by consistently following the standards of Methodist Excellence.
Essential Job Functions:
- Applies nursing judgment through a thorough, systematic approach of applying the nursing process to include:
- Assessment: Conducts comprehensive, timely, and ongoing focused physical, psychosocial and pain assessments; includes assessment of patient education needs.
- Planning: Utilizes the assessment, identifies problems, makes nursing diagnoses, formulates goals, teaching plans and outcomes to create an individualized plan of care. Identifies individual patient goals, readiness to learn and incorporates family into the plan of care.
- Implementation: Prioritizes and implements a competent, prioritized and efficient nursing plan of care.
- Evaluation/Reassessment: Consistently conducts timely evaluation, anticipates and recognizes changes in patient conditions, determines when reassessments are needed and adjusts the plan of care as necessary. Compares expected and achieved outcomes of nursing care utilizing the plan of care.
- Collaborates with patient care team members on patient care plan; communicates timely and effectively with physicians and other members of the patient care team through verbal, written or electronic communication to coordinate and facilitate meeting patient needs. Incorporates consistent use of hand-off communication and SBAR communication methods.
- Demonstrates critical thinking skills, scientific judgment, and organizational skills. Prioritizes tasks and adjusts priorities when necessary. Maintains an orderly, efficient and timely flow of patients. Recognizes and reports errors and unusual occurrences and analyze contributing factors. Initiates corrective action when appropriate.
- Makes accurate, complete and timely entries into the patient medical record addressing all steps of the nursing process. Actively communicates with members of the healthcare team, patient and patient family.
- Maintains current nursing knowledge to assure a safe working environment. Demonstrates practical application of all policies and procedures relative to safety and the pillars of Methodist Excellence to include: Applicable quality core measures, infection prevention, fall prevention, medication administration safety, hourly rounding, and AIDET principles.
- Responsible to supervise tasks delegated to unlicensed personnel and accountable for tasks performed by unlicensed personnel according to the Texas BON rules for delegated nursing tasks (Chapter 224).
Keywords: HCA., San Antonio , Registered Nurse (RN) II SICU (ICU) FT Nights, Healthcare , San Antonio, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!