Registered Nurse - Clinical Research Adult/Pediatric BMT
Company: Methodist Hospital
Location: San Antonio
Posted on: January 15, 2019
Methodist Hospital opened in 1963 as the first hospital in the now internationally acclaimed South Texas Medical Center. From the beginning, we've recognized the unique needs of each of our patients. It's a process that we continue to improve on, creating ways to better serve the community when they need us the most. With 981 beds, Methodist Hospital offers a broad range of specialties including cardiology, cancer care, bone marrow transplants, emergency medicine, neurosciences, maternity care, gynecology and orthopedics.
As the flagship hospital of the Medical Center and of the Methodist Healthcare system of hospitals, we appreciate the support and recognition we receive from the community having been ranked No. 1 in the Express-News Reader's Choice Awards. We also enjoy being the most preferred hospital in San Antonio, as consistently reported by the Consumer Research Corporation. Methodist Hospital has been nationally recognized by Leapfrog's Hospital Safety Grade A, accredited by the Joint Commission in stroke care, and designated as an accredited Chest Pain Center. For more information, please visit our website at www.sahealth.com and select Methodist Hospital under Locations.
General Statement of Duties:
The Research Nurse is responsible for coordinating and maintaining research protocols and data on patients participating in protocols that are authorized by Texas Transplant Institute Program. Candidate will understand the research study process as outlined by the Texas Transplant Institute Policies and Procedures for Research.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Primary responsibility for this candidate is to manage research protocols by identifying study related elements, evaluating patient eligibility, development of study tools, data collection, data entry and reporting on study participants within study timelines.
2. Ability to manage multiple projects and report data on a regular basis while maintaining credibility and confidentiality of all patients. Keeps Physicians, Research Director informed concurrently of study enrollment, adverse events, protocol deviations, protocol violations, study progress, patient visit issues, monitoring visits, updated study requirements.
3. Develops and composes professional correspondence to the Institutional Review Board by accurately developing protocol specific informed consents, protocol applications and serious adverse event reporting through the Principal Investigator.
4. Ability to resolve queries through accurate supportive documentation. Coordinates and directs both internal and external monitoring visits and audits.
5. Responsible for completing Case Report Forms and databases and IRB updates in a timely manner, as well as, resolve all queries generated by the Registry.
6. Ability to coordinate protocols and patient visits with all sponsors and provide each sponsor with its protocol data. Obtains necessary follow in adherence with protocols.
Minimum Education and Experience:
- Registered Nurse with at least five years of nursing and/or research experience or other relevant research experience preferred.
Minimum License and Certificates Required:
- Licensed as a Registered Nurse in the State of Texas and/or current clinical research certification.
Keywords: Methodist Hospital, San Antonio , Registered Nurse - Clinical Research Adult/Pediatric BMT, Healthcare , San Antonio, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!